GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R "Wave"

FMP

Ok, so my GF has a Jeep. She insists on waving to every Jeep. It got me thinking, considering our cars are so much more special than a Wrangler (fun car but they are everywhere), we should have a wave of our own. A thumbs up, peace sign, or something else.

Funny thing is, most of the R owners I have come across on the street are so aggressive or standoffish. This might be a nice way to build a real "community" around R owners.

Thoughts? Is this stupid or would you guys get on board and start a revolution?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Current generation STI folks and I tend to wave or thumbs up each other (I'm also a 16 STI owner), but I've not encountered any GTI or R owner waving so I haven't either.

Actually GTI drivers in my area are assholes.

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
People on MK7 Golf Rs dont wave, I just got made fun of today by the gf for trying at least 3 times the past week and getting nothing back.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Ok, so my GF has a Jeep. She insists on waving to every Jeep. It got me thinking, considering our cars are so much more special than a Wrangler (fun car but they are everywhere), we should have a wave of our own. A thumbs up, peace sign, or something else.

Funny thing is, most of the R owners I have come across on the street are so aggressive or standoffish. This might be a nice way to build a real "community" around R owners.

You should have purchased a GTI.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I'm almost 50. I don't wave at someone or flash the thumbs up because they bought the same kind of car I did. Seems kinda weird to me to be honest.

I witnessed a lady giving the middle finger to a guy in a truck pulling a huge, I mean huge pontoon boat through of all places the McDonald's drive through.
Maybe they are in a club?

I did agree with her reason.
Not sure what pontoon man was thinking lucky for me I watched this in the rear view mirror.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Gtis almost never wave. About half the Rs I've seen and waved/"V"ed to have waved back, highly correlated with offset license plates, aftermarket wheels, Euro tails, etc.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The GTI drivers sometimes wave but no point with the R drivers as they are as common as muck over here because of PCP deals were rife with the R.

wbw

Ready to race!

I've had my GTI for three months now and only had one other driver even look at me. Most stare straight ahead like you're not even there. Many years ago I had a couple Porsches and we would always acknowledge each other. Times have changed.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The GTI drivers sometimes wave but no point with the R drivers as they are as common as muck over here because of PCP deals were rife with the R.

You get as many as you want, and they've been sold in Europe every year for at least 14 years. You probably got more in a year than the US has forever.