GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Corrupting SD Card

Xyphire

I loaded up an SD card with some music, put it in my car, played the first couple songs fine, then said that certain songs were corrupted. I wiped and loaded it up again, and same thing happened, but to different songs. Tried loading it again, unplugged from computer, plugged it back in, no songs corrupted, took it to the car and some were corrupted. When I plug the SD card back into the computer, the ones that my infotainment were corrupted, my computer says they're corrupted as well on all 3 times.

- I bought an SD card that someone recommended on this forum, it is a class 10, 128gb.
- I used the "safely removed hardware" from computer.
- Tried to do each one after the other so it wasn't writing pieces of multiple files at the same time. No go.
- Different files are corrupted, so its not certain ones.

Anyone had this happen before?

Xyphire

Probably not even a GB. Trying to get it to work at the moment.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So, they are fine on the computer. Go onto card. Car says corrupt. Then coming back to computer they are now corrupt. Either the radio is busted or the card is. One requires a dealer trip and if they can somehow figure out the issue will tear into the car to replace things (or they will say we can't figure it out). I don't know how a radio can corrupt a SD card.....

The other will cost you a few bucks for a new card. My time messing with the dealer is worth more than $30. I know what I would do.

Also, what program are you using? I just drag and drop folders.

Xyphire

So, they are fine on the computer. Go onto card. Car says corrupt. Then coming back to computer they are now corrupt. Either the radio is busted or the card is.

Also, what program are you using? I just drag and drop folders.
Thats pretty much it. I think it may be the card, but it is strange that it gets corrupted when put into the car.

I'm drag and drop as well. Nothing fancy.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

focker

Passed Driver's Ed
My wife is using a 128GB in her GTI and it works perfect.
@ Xyphire I would suggest trying another card of any size just to see if the problem is with the card.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I'm using a 128 as well without any issues.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
not a real answer to this question but my Samsung card in my phone died. Samsung paid UPS both ways and I got a new card.

is it only one card or was there two? If only one I also would try a new card see where that goes.

Xyphire

I currently don't have a second card to try with. I ordered Diggs card to see if it works. Coming late next week. Will update when I try. Hoping it works, because I don't want my service department staring at me saying "Iuno".

Offtopic of anything VW related, but is there any programs I can use to see if the SD card is bad?