GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not happy with condition on NEW 034 motor mount

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Why was a refund issued over a replacement?
Because he bought it through ECS iirc. They did the same thing when my APR TIP broke.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Yep, bought through ECS and refunded by ECS. When I reorder it'll probably be through ECS too, I figure it's more entries into the car give away. Between the 034 downpipe, QuickJack 5000, and other misc stuff I should have quite a few entries lol.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Yep, bought through ECS and refunded by ECS. When I reorder it'll probably be through ECS too, I figure it's more entries into the car give away. Between the 034 downpipe, QuickJack 5000, and other misc stuff I should have quite a few entries lol.

So what did you end up doing? Ordering another set of 034 mounts or BFI?

I’m torn... can’t justify the 500$ for both mounts with BFI. 034 would had been my choice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
I'll probably try the 034 mounts again, just haven't ordered yet.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So what did you end up doing? Ordering another set of 034 mounts or BFI?

I’m torn... can’t justify the 500$ for both mounts with BFI. 034 would had been my choice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll probably try the 034 mounts again, just haven't ordered yet.

BFI isn’t $500. Buy the engine mount, transmission insert, and dog bone mount insert.

Even though I love BFI and suggest/install a TON of their products to friends and customers alike they do have one little shady quirk. They say on their website that newer mk7 the insert won’t fit and you need to spend an extra $100 for the full transmission mount. That’s complete BS.

Way back in winter 2016 when my personal car was brand new I took a chance and ordered the insert disregarding their warning that it wouldn’t fit (at that point they just said they couldn’t confirm fitment on 2016 cars). I talked to them over the phone and even emailed them pictures of the flawless installation in my original mount. They said “aw thanks, we’ll update the website that’s great news it’ll fit”. Annnnndddd now it’s 2018 so clearly they just like making the extra $100 per set.

Anyway, my mounts have over 45,000 miles on them and still perform better than any other option out there. Hands down the original and still the best! BFI, you dirty little liars you make great stuff

Tigsel

Ready to race!
I have 034 engine/transmission mounts and mine were nothing like we see in the pictures here, they looked OEM quality.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Even though I love BFI and suggest/install a TON of their products to friends and customers alike they do have one little shady quirk. They say on their website that newer mk7 the insert won’t fit and you need to spend an extra $100 for the full transmission mount. That’s complete BS.

That's just not true.

There is a revision found in multiple MQB (A3, golf R, sportwagen) cars that the mount is completely welded. It's not the two piece riveted mount that the insert can be used on. Even if you cut the welds, it doesn't have the correct plate to mount the insert in, you'd have to weld it back together. If you've got the correct revision mount to begin with, sure an insert is great, otherwise no you cannot use it.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
BFI isn’t $500. Buy the engine mount, transmission insert, and dog bone mount insert.

Way back in winter 2016 when my personal car was brand new I took a chance and ordered the insert disregarding their warning that it wouldn’t fit (at that point they just said they couldn’t confirm fitment on 2016 cars). I talked to them over the phone and even emailed them pictures of the flawless installation in my original mount. They said “aw thanks, we’ll update the website that’s great news it’ll fit”. Annnnndddd now it’s 2018 so clearly they just like making the extra $100 per set.

Anyway, my mounts have over 45,000 miles on them and still perform better than any other option out there. Hands down the original and still the best! BFI, you dirty little liars you make great stuff

Unfortunately it is 500$ (cdn) when you add both the engine and trans mount. As mentioned below, following a conversation with BFI, they confirmed that a picture of the tans mount is needed to confirm if the insert will fit. It's a 50/50 chance that it won't ...

That's just not true.

There is a revision found in multiple MQB (A3, golf R, sportwagen) cars that the mount is completely welded. It's not the two piece riveted mount that the insert can be used on. Even if you cut the welds, it doesn't have the correct plate to mount the insert in, you'd have to weld it back together. If you've got the correct revision mount to begin with, sure an insert is great, otherwise no you cannot use it.

Exactly! This is the problem

After speaking with BFI directly, they can't confirm if the insert mount will fit based on year or VIN number. You literally have to take out the mount and send a picture.
Since taking out the mount isn't a 2 min job, this option isn't the best

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Unfortunately it is 500$ (cdn) when you add both the engine and trans mount. As mentioned below, following a conversation with BFI, they confirmed that a picture of the tans mount is needed to confirm if the insert will fit. It's a 50/50 chance that it won't ...

Exactly! This is the problem

After speaking with BFI directly, they can't confirm if the insert mount will fit based on year or VIN number. You literally have to take out the mount and send a picture.
Since taking out the mount isn't a 2 min job, this option isn't the best

They flat out lied to you. Tell them to send you a picture of the two revisions of their transmission mount insert....they can’t because they only make one and it fits all mk7 transmission mounts just like I said

The only difference between the two mk7 transmission mounts you could have is ones riveted together and the other is spot welded. Opening either takes a drill and two minutes

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
They flat out lied to you. Tell them to send you a picture of the two revisions of their transmission mount insert....they can’t because they only make one and it fits all mk7 transmission mounts just like I said

The only difference between the two mk7 transmission mounts you could have is ones riveted together and the other is spot welded. Opening either takes a drill and two minutes

NO IT DOES NOT!!!

The welded one is not spot welded. It is literally seam welded the entire way around the mount. There is no way in hell it can be taken apart with a drill. It does not have a two plate design like the riveted mount, so even if you get it apart, you'd have to fab up some way to hold it together. Stop spreading misinformation. I had the other revision mount, it is flat out impossible without a welder to reassemble the old mount.

If i sound frustrated, it's because of advice like this that i purchased the insert, only to find out that there was no way in hell i could make it work once i got it out. I've got angle grinder, a mig welder, and drill press, but still decided to ebay an older revision mount to throw the insert in as well.

Last edited:

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
So after all this, what are the overall thoughts on the 034 mounts?

I’m about to pull the trigger on these

Would do BFI mounts but too expensive for daily use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
So after all this, what are the overall thoughts on the 034 mounts?

I’m about to pull the trigger on these

Would do BFI mounts but too expensive for daily use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my 034 mounts, as far as I can tell no or minimal NVH but help stiffen up the drivetrain quite a bit.

Joel

Ready to race!
Nothing but good things to say about 034 mounts.
I would purchase again if I found myself in need.