GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not happy with condition on NEW 034 motor mount

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
NO IT DOES NOT!!!

The welded one is not spot welded. It is literally seam welded the entire way around the mount. There is no way in hell it can be taken apart with a drill. It does not have a two plate design like the riveted mount, so even if you get it apart, you'd have to fab up some way to hold it together. Stop spreading misinformation. I had the other revision mount, it is flat out impossible without a welder to reassemble the old mount.

If i sound frustrated, it's because of advice like this that i purchased the insert, only to find out that there was no way in hell i could make it work once i got it out. I've got angle grinder, a mig welder, and drill press, but still decided to ebay an older revision mount to throw the insert in as well.

Pics or it didn’t happen, because I had the vin code they said it wouldn’t fit.

Also? Why would it ever need re welded? The three piece mount on every car I’ve installed them on mk6 & mk7 the bolts that mount it to the chassis pass through both steel pieces (third piece being rubber). I’ve never re attached the halves split by drilling because they’re only riveted or welded to make it one piece to ship, not because that adds any structural benefits

I’ve also installed BFI complete mount. It’s just stuck back together with two tiny 3 or 4mm bolts (again, to keep it one piece for shipping no effect when it’s on the car)

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Nothing but good things to say about 034 mounts.
I would purchase again if I found myself in need.

I love my 034 mounts, as far as I can tell no or minimal NVH but help stiffen up the drivetrain quite a bit.

Cool, thanks for the input

I think these will do the job (bang for buck)!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Pics or it didn’t happen, because I had the vin code they said it wouldn’t fit.

Also? Why would it ever need re welded? The three piece mount on every car I’ve installed them on mk6 & mk7 the bolts that mount it to the chassis pass through both steel pieces (third piece being rubber). I’ve never re attached the halves split by drilling because they’re only riveted or welded to make it one piece to ship, not because that adds any structural benefits

I’ve also installed BFI complete mount. It’s just stuck back together with two tiny 3 or 4mm bolts (again, to keep it one piece for shipping no effect when it’s on the car)

OK. It's a completely different design. It doesn't use two plates you can sandwich together with the bolts that hold it to the frame rails. The assembled BFI mounts use the older style mount, you've clearly never seen the wrong style (which absolutely exists).

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
OK. It's a completely different design. It doesn't use two plates you can sandwich together with the bolts that hold it to the frame rails. The assembled BFI mounts use the older style mount, you've clearly never seen the wrong style (which absolutely exists).

You clearly need to check your attitude at the door sir. BFI was the one pushing the info that the several I’ve installed (zero which looked like that) were the ones you couldn’t modify.

Does you owning an A3 effect this? Because this is GOLFmk7

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
You clearly need to check your attitude at the door sir. BFI was the one pushing the info that the several I’ve installed (zero which looked like that) were the ones you couldn’t modify.

Does you owning an A3 effect this? Because this is GOLFmk7

Dude, give me a break, its an MQB car.

These have been found in golf Rs and sportwagens as well. I'm only giving attitude because you basically told me that i'm lying without supplying photos. I ordered an insert based on multiple people saying that you can put it in any mount, which you clearly cannot. And saying that BFI is lying about this is just outright wrong. I'm genuinely not trying to be rude, but saying the insert works for all mk7s and/or MQB cars, will potentially cause others a decent amount of hassle.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Dude, give me a break, its an MQB car.

These have been found in golf Rs and sportwagens as well. I'm only giving attitude because you basically told me that i'm lying without supplying photos. I ordered an insert based on multiple people saying that you can put it in any mount, which you clearly cannot. And saying that BFI is lying about this is just outright wrong. I'm genuinely not trying to be rude, but saying the insert works for all mk7s and/or MQB cars, will potentially cause others a decent amount of hassle.

Judging by your picture compared to what I’m familiar with across a dozen or so MQB cars it wouldn’t be too hard to tell which mount you have before completely removing the mount.

Yours, we’ll call the welded mount, has a scalloped edge at the mount point

The more common ones I’ve had, are straight across that edge.

Hopefully this will help someone make the call in the future with minimal extra work