GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Littco Hybrid IS38 Group Buy(5 unit minimum)

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Yeah, Euro? Pretty sure Littco is UK. That's GBP.

opps! didnt know that... well that changes things

so prices are as of today:
IS38x is 950 GBP = $1233.63 USD
L450 is 1250 GBP = $1623.20 USD

before shipping. which is $80 to $150 from what I've seen on here

sorry for the Euro and GBP confusion

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Still a good deal compared to going with a new is38

Its a great deal if they both didnt have a warranty but that FCP Euro warranty is making me second guess my decision.

Can anyone answer if the L450's have held up well?

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Its a great deal if they both didnt have a warranty but that FCP Euro warranty is making me second guess my decision.

Can anyone answer if the L450's have held up well?
Your talking two different turbos in a sense. One has upgrades, and modifications. The other is stock. Seems you need to figure out what your direction and needs are before making a purchase. Your money, just my 0.02 cents.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Your talking two different turbos in a sense. One has upgrades, and modifications. The other is stock. Seems you need to figure out what your direction and needs are before making a purchase. Your money, just my 0.02 cents.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

so the consensus here is that L450's dont blow also? I'm honestly asking. I havent seen any posts throughout my reading, but I havent been actively searching for that.

I was looking to spend around $1500 so my comparison is this:

$1200 for a turbo that is not upgraded but has a lifetime warranty (dont care about labor as I will do it myself) but yes if it blows (I know its a roll of the dice with these) I understand it could damage my engine with it.
vs.
$1623 + $100 shipping for 20 - 30 more whp but no warranty. and could also blow? I dont know about reliability on these

I dont plan on boosting the turbo to hell. I'm going to get an intercooler and boost it to the highest psi I can get, while still holding 10+ ign timing up top.
running e30 mix

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
so the consensus here is that L450's dont blow also? I'm honestly asking. I havent seen any posts throughout my reading, but I havent been actively searching for that.

I was looking to spend around $1500 so my comparison is this:

$1200 for a turbo that is not upgraded but has a lifetime warranty (dont care about labor as I will do it myself) but yes if it blows (I know its a roll of the dice with these) I understand it could damage my engine with it.
vs.
$1623 + $100 shipping for 20 - 30 more whp but no warranty. and could also blow? I dont know about reliability on these

I dont plan on boosting the turbo to hell. I'm going to get an intercooler and boost it to the highest psi I can get, while still holding 10+ ign timing up top.
running e30 mix

The Littco Turbos come with a 1 year warranty. You still really haven't come up with what your needs are. One is a stock turbo, one is a hybrid turbo. The hybrid should make power all the way to redline, where as the stock turbo falls off. The longevity of most turbo's depend on how they are tuned and pushed. The bearings have been upgraded in the Littco. Which is a known problem in the stock IS38. The shaft is another issue, but Littco used the stock shaft and states shafts are an issue for another reason. Seems you're stuck on the lifetime warranty. If the stock IS38 works for you, then get the stock one.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Mine only has about 3200 miles so far, but no issues daily driving with 28psi to redline.

midtenn

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess my point is that this really isn’t a group buy anymore, or really was it to begin with? Wonder it we can bring this up to Littco again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk