GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boss600+mpi

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
https://m.imgur.com/a/4N8o1

Boss600 with precision raceworks mpi kit, walbro 450 pump, UM tuned ecu/tcu, 93 pump gas and race fuel tuned for now :)

Few lousy pics :) I hope, I always seem to have issues posting pics, anyway had to machine an adapter to make the previously installed neuspeed discharge pipe work, great to have friends who can do it for ya, with the cts turbo kit supplied piping. Used the cts intake and cts dv for ease of install. I’m surprised how loud their DV is, not a bad thing was just surprised. Obviously the intake is louder than the previously installed vwr closed intake.

I personally was surprised how much carbon buildup there already was on a 13,000 mile car which has been running the vwr catchcan since 300 miles, but I guess that’s completely normal, still seemed worse than I personally expected.

The picture of the vwr catch can “cap” shows where the gasket split, (near the bottom of pic) they’ve since moved on to a flat style gasket, with mixed results from what I’ve learned, we shall see how mine holds up after some miles. Obviously this has nothing to do with the turbo or fueling kit, but I took a picture of it, maybe it’ll help one of ya out sometime.

And a few pics of her all finished up, I’m extremely happy, she runs strong, can’t thank UM enough they and my local tuner really dialed her in and did a bunch of logs and adjustments, new files, logs adjustments and repeat, it’s amazing how different just their tcu tune is for the big turbo setup compared to their normal “stage 1/2” tuned cars. I’m sure it’s done to help with the bigger turbo and I was a huge fan of their tuning at stage 1 and 2 (both ecu and tcu) very happy with the adjustments even just to the tcu tune on a big turbo setup. Obviously I’m thrilled with the ecu tuning but I always am, whether it was stage 1, stage 2 and of course now their big turbo tune! I’m really a huge fan of theirs and they’ve just been awesome for me and couldn’t recommend them more to anyone looking for any type of tuning on this platform. Ya their website sucks, call them, run their software and you’ll probably never consider anyone else, but admittedly I’m biased.

Anyway, first driving impressions on finalized tuning after getting her back. It’s impressive, I’m thrilled, pulls hard, pins my 30psi gauge (I’ll have to update my avatar:))and will probably get me in allot of trouble this spring/summer, it sounds good, just something sweet about a ball bearing turbo, and while I am dsg so obviously it helps I don’t really think it’s nearly as laggy as some think. No regrets! Really happy with the kit especially for the price compared to the competitors, not that there is anything wrong with iroz or apr etc, this kit was just perfect for me especially considering all the experience UM has with the boss500/600.

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I personally was surprised how much carbon buildup there already was on a 13,000 mile car which has been running the vwr catchcan since 300 miles, but I guess that’s completely normal, still seemed worse than I personally expected.

The catch can doesn't/won't prevent carbon buildup btw

Calubi

Ready to race!
Nice! Are you going to post up any videos of how it runs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

613B6

Ready to race!
I dont see 4bar sensors in your pics?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Are you going to post up any videos of how it runs?

I’ll try and get some video before it snows tomorrow.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
The catch can doesn't/won't prevent carbon buildup btw

Gotchya bud, I was always under the impression they helped, before. After seeing that I’m in total agreement with you :)

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Gotchya bud, I was always under the impression they helped, before. After seeing that I’m in total agreement with you :)

Catchcans do help slow down carbon buildup, but not eliminate it. Port injection and ethanol will get rid of most of it though.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I dont see 4bar sensors in your pics?

The pics are from before, we started at 25psi on the base tune, few new parts as we went through the data logging and turning up the boost.

It’s been a process, sort of tail end of winter on the side job over the last month :)

But she’s all sorted, gremlins worked out and back to daily driving duty now!!!

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Catchcans do help slow down carbon buildup, but not eliminate it. Port injection and ethanol will get rid of most of it though.

Well I got the catch can and mpi, 2 outta 3 ain’t bad :)

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Did you get it on a Dyno ? How much power?

I have not dyno’d her, yet. Sometime this summer, she’ll see the track also. At stage 2 she went high 11s at 115 full weight on pump gas, street tires, so I’m hoping she’ll go high 10s on pump gas full weight on street tires, I’ll find out this summer!