Blown turbo on stg 2 OTS map ending with TD1

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Those flash tuned are pretty much screwed

Can’t “unmarry” anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Honestly I not here to debate this issue more than I already have in previous threads.

Morale of the story is don't be dumb and UNMARRY when taking to any dealership. Your chance goes up significantly of getting warranty passed. I'm out.

If you ever need someone to refer to who passed ODIS once tuned Cobb and passed warranty please refer to me. It was not a blown engine or turbo but it was a engine related claim and I was told I passed ODIS by service manager.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
And do you know for sure they scanned it and it was sent to vw? Because scanning it just with vagcom doesn't mean anything.... that's not what voids your warranty, the dealer themselves are unable to do so. Also, I would imagine that a cam sent air, that might have little to do with the tune... but who knows. If the ECU is flashed at all, it leaves a count.
I know some techs, mine included scan with ross tech before the vw scan tool, I think a lot might depend on the severity of the problem

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
ED tool can and I know a few on MK7 pass. Can't speak for uni, UM or APR though.

Ya I was referring to APR, Uni, GIAC etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I know some techs, mine included scan with ross tech before the vw scan tool, I think a lot might depend on the severity of the problem

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

If it worked, that's great for him, I'm just pointing out that even Marshall has stated that you can unmarry an AP, but a flash count is still kept if vw wants to dig deep enough. As you say though, if it's a common issue, perhaps they don't bother digging... who knows.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
If it worked, that's great for him, I'm just pointing out that even Marshall has stated that you can unmarry an AP, but a flash count is still kept if vw wants to dig deep enough. As you say though, if it's a common issue, perhaps they don't bother digging... who knows.

Stop spreading misinformation you are wrong...

"Hey there! Upon Uninstall, the flash counter will be returned to whatever it was before you installed the Accessport.

Marshall@COBB"

If you do not understand the marrying process please stop making false claims about it.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Stop spreading misinformation you are wrong...

"Hey there! Upon Uninstall, the flash counter will be returned to whatever it was before you installed the Accessport.

Marshall@COBB"

If you do not understand the marrying process please stop making false claims about it.

I'm not speading misinformation...

Section 5...

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7492

IN regards to flashing, when you first install the AP, it recognizes your factory ROM and then puts that back on the vehicle when uninstalling the AP. However, the AP can not save aftermarket flashes such as APR, Unitronic, etc and would overwrite those during the install process. During uninstall that case, we would flash back the stock ROM. We don't currently have enough information to say anything definitive about the TD1 flag right now. But, after uninstall, your factory ECU will be just like it was before the flash (same ROM ID,counter number, etc).

I'll try to keep a closer eye on this thread and help answer any questions I can.

Ian

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Did you read what you posted .... Rofl. The read section after your bolded statement Jesus Christ...

Ok I'm actually done here. Thanks for proving my point.

My quote is coming directly from Cobb....BTW.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Did you read what you posted .... Rofl. The read section after your bolded statement Jesus Christ...

Did you read what I wrote IN THE BOLD? He DOESN'T KNOW!

The problem is you think these cars are as stupid as you are. Ask him if he knows if it can cause a TD1, that's all that matters. APR claims they can reset the flash counter too... so do people think the dealer won't pick that up?

I know all about the AP, as I've said... I had 3 cars with custom tunes on them.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion

Ok I'm actually done here
. Thanks for proving my point.

You already said thst... go jab a needle in your ass and hit the gym then.

HicBuda

Ready to race!
Anywho finally made it back home after 500 miles of not fun and need to take stock in tuning...again. I’ve been in the GTI game over and over and will be back, hovering. Shout out to Atlantadad, Diggs and Demigod - your my peoples.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

dublife2

i feel so sad for you... Do you happen to know what revision the turbo was? I know you had a 2016 model but I'm wondering if it was a late 2015 revision turbo that was in your car