GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upcoming VTT Stock Location Turbo Upgrade Information / Intital Stock Flash Testing

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Wow that is a big improvement down low. I didn't purchase the turbo because I prefer the response down low of the is38 according to your previous dyno. But after seeing this I'm kindoff kicking myself for not jumping onto the black friday pricing.
I tried to make it as clear as I could, the car already felt extremely responsive on the street. I am looking forward to driving it after these changes

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Talking to a few good tuners, 450WTQ is safe for stock motor, they are holding TQ flat there. Jeff says he has ran up too 500WTQ on more than one stock motor. I am not willing to gamble to that level, but this turbo would be more than happy to provide it for us if we so chose.
You'll get this reaction because everyone just got comfortable with 420 wtq being "safe". I say it's all a gamble, but a soft onset and flat (not peaky) torque curve is as safe as you're gonna get. It's those spikes that are scary.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

teemmy

Ready to race!
Wow, great results tony!

My car has a bull-x high flow cat for the downpipe and peak PSI is 27 tapering to 22 at redline - for those who were curious about the comparison dyno

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
What fuel mods and blend of E85 for this latest dyno/tune?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
What fuel mods and blend of E85 for this latest dyno/tune?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Added a second Walbro on a hobbs for peace of mind, 1300CC injectors in the PI rail, Um flex wiring so I can take the car on trips, and it will auto tune for E content, 4 bar map sensors. Jeff changed the tune to use those injectors, and map sensors. As for fuel. Same as before about E75-E80 in the tank. Were having a LPFP issue on the dyno right now, so I am taking it off, to fix it so we can push it safely. Tomorrow is track day if all cooperates...:cool:

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
What pump issues are you having? I could only guess you are have double pumper issues due to no controller? If that is the case just use a single pump. I would go single pump for the track since output of this turbo wouldn't really require 2 pumps and so you don't have issues at track.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
What pump issues are you having? I could only guess you are have double pumper issues due to no controller? If that is the case just use a single pump. I would go single pump for the track since output of this turbo wouldn't really require 2 pumps and so you don't have issues at track.
Your guess would be wrong, and yes on a single pump we were out of fuel at 480WHP. Issue is fixed, simple wiring snafu. No issues with two pumps and no controller, just as we had no issue with a single Walbro being controlled by the ECU with no controller. We appreciate the feedback though!

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Oh yeah fixed the stock ECU and controller with 450lph as well. [emoji6] Good to hear the wiring is fixed. I'm estimating 10.7@128-132mph depending on tire.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Added a second Walbro on a hobbs for peace of mind, 1300CC injectors in the PI rail, Um flex wiring so I can take the car on trips, and it will auto tune for E content, 4 bar map sensors. Jeff changed the tune to use those injectors, and map sensors. As for fuel. Same as before about E75-E80 in the tank. Were having a LPFP issue on the dyno right now, so I am taking it off, to fix it so we can push it safely. Tomorrow is track day if all cooperates...:cool:

Wish I can come out and see this thing rip in the 1/4 in person. But it's my sons bday party tomorrow. What size slick will you be using?

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Awesome results! Were the larger PI injectors what allowed UM to tune for so much more torque down low?
The bigger injectors didnt effect the TQ the extra fuel is really needed up top. I believe they are just not limiting TQ as much down low. When I posted the last graphs I made mention TQ was being limited to keep the motor happy. We decided to try to keep it flat at 450WTQ.

Last edited:

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Your guess would be wrong, and yes on a single pump we were out of fuel at 480WHP. Issue is fixed, simple wiring snafu. No issues with two pumps and no controller, just as we had no issue with a single Walbro being controlled by the ECU with no controller. We appreciate the feedback though!
I think people are missing or underestimating how much volume is needed running full E85. Would the drop in pump solution you're offering potentially allow for similar power on pump fuel or a lower e85 blend?

Also, will you be dynoing the car on pump only in the future, just as a comparison? I'm following closely but I don't have easy access to e85 sadly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
275/45/17

Oh you went with drag radials and really wide at that? I had 245/45/17 drag radials and hated launching with them due to wheel hop and 60s weren't great. Launching with slicks was a night and day difference.

Edit: Also make sure you completely code ESC/ASC off and remove torque limitation and starting vibrations throuh VCDS or OBDeleven to make sure no nannies are messing with your launches.

Last edited: