GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to add some aggression to my white R

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Most tints are not as dark as you think inside. 35% is a nice level. Pick a good Ceramic or Carbon like CXP. I like the tints to cut down on glare. Windshield tinted to 70%. Easier to see, I am 52.
The GTI sunroof is very nice. Cracked it let's air out but is not that noisy.

Not many R's wrap the roof.
Not sure why. Not really a GTI only thing. I first fell in love with the look on the older Nissan Maxima's I would see in town.

Share the mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cal45

Ready to race!
The R flies under the radar and that is one of the reasons I bought it.
No need to add wings/splitters and such - just tint the windows, add a tune and surprise a lot of folks with their winged cars. ;)

Lstorm2003

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the blue R, and I was thinking about getting my rear wing wrapped either in glossy black to match the mirrors, or carbon fiber. I know it probably makes more sense to do glossy black but I just love the look of carbon fiber even if it's fake ��

translux

Ready to race!
Most tints are not as dark as you think inside. 35% is a nice level. Pick a good Ceramic or Carbon like CXP. I like the tints to cut down on glare. Windshield tinted to 70%. Easier to see, I am 52.
The GTI sunroof is very nice. Cracked it let's air out but is not that noisy.

Not many R's wrap the roof.
Not sure why. Not really a GTI only thing. I first fell in love with the look on the older Nissan Maxima's I would see in town.

Share the mods.

It's been a couple decades since I've had tinted windows. It looks so good on white I'll have to check it out.

I drove my truck for 20 years but I still miss judge the front hood on the GTI. It is longer than you than you think for a small car. I have had to get in habit of stopping shorter. If I had this spoiler up to now I would have hit a few times.
I have driver assist so it helps, but there are a couple driveways I use daily that even stock get uncomfortably close. I'm sure I'd still kill it. On the V I must have replaced 3 pairs of the plastic splitters. Thought this was without sensors.

The R flies under the radar and that is one of the reasons I bought it. No need to add wings/splitters and such - just tint the windows, add a tune and surprise a lot of folks with their winged cars. ;)

Your car looks great, and I agree I like the invisibility so I don't want to go to far.
I was thinking of a lower decal like the club sport.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Go with an Oettinger kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Fed,
Do you not live in a retirement community? Is this how you all get along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's a long story. The HOA politics in the community are such that there are only a few neighbors I would call friends. Mostly a bunch of Q-tips who might recognize a Corvette if they looked at it long enough. Only one had a clue, and I can't fault him for thinking it was a GTI.

Last edited:

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
The R flies under the radar and that is one of the reasons I bought it. . . . ;)
Exactly. There's a Supreme Court case, United States v. Katz, 389 U.S. 347 (1967) that speaks to this. In Katz, Justice Stewart discussed the right of an individual to "functional anonymity." Tough to achieve these days, but the R certainly is a step in the right direction.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The R flies under the radar and that is one of the reasons I bought it.
No need to add wings/splitters and such - just tint the windows, add a tune and surprise a lot of folks with their winged cars. ;)

Me too. Vettes are too low for my old body and there's no room under the hatch. If the Chevy SS was a little smaller...

Lstorm2003

Passed Driver's Ed
Me too. Vettes are too low for my old body and there's no room under the hatch. If the Chevy SS was a little smaller...

I beg to differ. My Corvette hatch will swallow more stuff than my golf hatch. Its not super deep in the vertical but its much wider and deeper horizontally.

translux

Ready to race!

I'd probably gone for an SS if I could have found a discounted manual. It is a big car and the on center steering has a strange numb feeling kind of like a forced feedback Logitech, which I guess it essentially is. Still a great car, reminded me a lot of the E39 M5 I had. Also a car I'd really like to grab before they start to appreciate. But like most BMW's they can become a black hole of cash. Im convinced that BMW engineers like oil leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cal45

Ready to race!
I beg to differ. My Corvette hatch will swallow more stuff than my golf hatch. Its not super deep in the vertical but its much wider and deeper horizontally.

Fold the rear seats down and it's a different ball game - no way the Vette fits more cargo than a Golf. Last weekend I had a coffee table and two tall bar stools (w/backs) in my R. ;)

Lstorm2003

Passed Driver's Ed
Fold the rear seats down and it's a different ball game - no way the Vette fits more cargo than a Golf. Last weekend I had a coffee table and two tall bar stools (w/backs) in my R. ;)

True.. I was talking about without folding the seats down. But I don't use either car for moving stuff. They're both pretty terrible at carrying people or things tbh. I use my trusty '97 Ford Explorer for that. Fold the seats down in that thing and I can move my whole damn house ?

cal45

Ready to race!
True.. I was talking about without folding the seats down. But I don't use either car for moving stuff. They're both pretty terrible at carrying people or things tbh. I use my trusty '97 Ford Explorer for that. Fold the seats down in that thing and I can move my whole damn house ��

Agree - my wife's 2012 Suburban handles those chores but found myself stuck where I was in the R and glad that it could transform to a cargo carrier in a pinch. :)

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
OK, some over the top idea to add some aggression to your R (and maybe my GTI). Vinyl kill marks - the fighter pilot type. Instant upgrade from a lowly cargo pilot into an ace with series of shot down Japs marked on both sides. Obviously this comes with risk of JDM Zero pilots trying to pickup a fight but you've asked for some aggression;) I'd actually entertained the idea of getting these myself but the best I could find were some flying model decals (so size etc were not optimal). Would anyone know the source?