GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who is on Bilstein B8s?

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
... I don't need the adjust-ability of the Koni Sports but I worry the Special Actives will not be a good fit.

Why not just go with the Koni Sport? As soon as they're on the car, you don't need to touch them anyways so them being adjustable doesn't really play much of a factor. What it does enable you to do is match your dampers to your springs, so if your needs change down the road and you want to move away from the linear Eibach's you've got some room to move. Also, as the shock ages and ultimately gets softer over time, you can put a few clicks of rebound back into them to run them even longer. Just think of the adjust-ability as the ability to match dampers to springs, not to run different rebound settings day to day. Set it, and forget it.

I got fed up waiting for Bilstein as well and ordered the Koni Sport Kit (usa progressive pro-kit). Another "fixed" system you can check out is the Racingline Sport Kit which apparently uses a custom valved Koni shock. User "Teemmy" got these recently for about $790. They look like a great option as well:

https://www.racingline.com/sport-sus-kit-mqb

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for following up with Koni and I'm interested in the results. I'd give them a try with the subtle drop of DG springs but probably nothing else. I have Euro pro kit collecting dust but am committed to waiting for the B8's at this point.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
yeah I'll report back as soon as i get them!

FlyingNugget

Go Kart Newbie
I got my B8s about a month ago -- just got them installed this week.

Setup:
Bilstein B8s
H&R Sport springs
Audi TT rear spring pads
Replaced front strut mounts/bearings

I've only done a few short trips on the new setup, and haven't done an alignment, but here are my initial thoughts.
- Body roll is massively reduced
- I feel more road input through the steering wheel
- Turn in is quicker, and the car holds a turn much, much better
- The car is maybe, somehow, confusingly more comfortable while also managing to be substantially more stiffer than stock.

I'm looking forward to experiencing different road conditions to see how this setup performs.

New wheels/tires are going on soon to replace the stock wheel/all season tires. I'm wondering how big of a difference the tire upgrade is going to make with stiffer sidewalls, etc. i.e. Indy 500s vs stock all seasons... should be interesting

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
... how did you get yours already? i was told august which is why I switched...

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
I got my B8s about a month ago -- just got them installed this week.

Setup:
Bilstein B8s
H&R Sport springs
Audi TT rear spring pads
Replaced front strut mounts/bearings

I've only done a few short trips on the new setup, and haven't done an alignment, but here are my initial thoughts.
- Body roll is massively reduced
- I feel more road input through the steering wheel
- Turn in is quicker, and the car holds a turn much, much better
- The car is maybe, somehow, confusingly more comfortable while also managing to be substantially more stiffer than stock.

I'm looking forward to experiencing different road conditions to see how this setup performs.

New wheels/tires are going on soon to replace the stock wheel/all season tires. I'm wondering how big of a difference the tire upgrade is going to make with stiffer sidewalls, etc. i.e. Indy 500s vs stock all seasons... should be interesting
I would imagine better tires will make a huge diff, just with JB4 on map 2 the stock hankooks are completely useless

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Not sure. I was told mid to late May, and I got them late May.

The shop that installed them was actually surprised when I showed up with them.

I got them from http://www.bilsteincanada.com/

bilsteincanada.com (which is actually Essex Distributors) are ordering them straight from Bilstein Germany and bypassing Bilstein North America completely.

fuelboss

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5 DSG
Fitted Koni Active 0900 August 9th on new 1.5 TSI DSG. Drove 5 miles and decided to take them off. They were removed at 0900 today and the original Sachs re-fitted. A little too much road feel, an almost constant jiggly ride (nice word jiggly) and felt uncomfortable. No compliance in the suspension and therefore reduced comfort even on super smooth roads. For my money on something like this TSI using these Konis are a waste of money if you just want a comfortable ride. Perhaps the Bilstein B4's that I fitted to my last GTI might have been a better bet. For Koni to suggest in their advertising that these so-called active dampers could compare with electronic dampers is very misleading.

If anyone in the UK would like to purchase 2 Koni Active rear dampers I am open to offers. All in all they have completed around 10 miles.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Everyone’s experience is different but mine has been exactly the opposite. I’m, as I type, 500mi into what will be a 1500mi round trip and I have greatly enjoyed being on these shocks. Precise and focused while still being comfortable over even the larger impacts...

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
has anyone compared the dimensions of the b8 strut to the stock strut?

specifically: body length, min shaft at bottoming and max shaft full extension?

My camber plates eat into my strut travel as well as the fact that I'm lowered by about an inch. I'd like to find a quality replacement to stock that would give some increase in compression travel.

veedubbin

intentionally left blank
Car(s)
VW's
Has anyone received their B8's yet? My ECS order says it will ship on Sept 14th.