GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Log Comparison Thread

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
From other logs it looks pretty clean, any reason why you let off at 5400rpm? I'm learning myself but like marauder pointed out your knock corrected quickly in only cylinder 1..[emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition
Thanks! The place i took the log wasnt the best place to. I need to find a better place to take a log

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Welp, either I have horrible gas or something is wrong here...

MA Performance Stage 2 91 octane

Another showing tons of corrections

There's 3 logs there, with the last one being in 4th gear up a slight incline. Ambient temp was 60F.

UR Catted DP+Magic ebay IC+drop in air filter with snow guard removed

Car feels SLOW.

Yea datalog 1 is not clean at all. You'd have to have filled up with like 89 octane instead of 91 for them to be that bad due to gas i think. You could try putting in a gallon or 2 of e85 which should help. I would check to make sure you don't have anything loose, check charge pipes for leaks, check your vband clamps on your dp/exhaust.
I don't want to point the finger at the tune right away, give it the benefit of the doubt.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yea datalog 1 is not clean at all. You'd have to have filled up with like 89 octane instead of 91 for them to be that bad due to gas i think. You could try putting in a gallon or 2 of e85 which should help. I would check to make sure you don't have anything loose, check charge pipes for leaks, check your vband clamps on your dp/exhaust.
I don't want to point the finger at the tune right away, give it the benefit of the doubt.

ACN91 is worse than our 91 in the rest of the USA.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
I'll check all pipes and such this weekend. I tightened everything down a week or two ago when I was installing the IC, and checked the pipes after install and nothing had moved. I'll wait for the gas to go down (which should be a week) and will drop in 2 gal of E85 and the rest 91 and see how that goes.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't wait. 10.88 degrees??? Drop in 2 gallons as soon as you hit 3/4 a tank. Let it mix in good for a day of driving. Relog. It's your gas. Wasting your time looking for loose fitment of parts.

I think that's the wrong parameter (-10.88) - the Knock Retard Cyl N max out around -5.25, which still isn't good, but doesn't pucker the ass quite as much.

I agree it's the gas, but it isn't as egregious a correction as it first appears.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Well, I know i have a VERY slight leak at the point where the DP meets the stock exhaust, as that clamp doesn't give a 100% seal (but that shouldn't cause any problems as its VERY slight and so far down the exhaust it wouldn't cause any problems).

I'm going to be installing the RE Stabilizer on the car this Friday so I'll double check everything else as well just to make sure. What's funny is that when I had the JB4, George asked me the same thing about something being loose on the engine/exhaust and I looked over EVREYTHING and couldn't find anything that would cause a rattle. I'll give it all another go this Friday. I'll even pull the spark plugs again to make sure nothing is loose and see how she's running.

Last edited:

Cameron1292

Ready to race!

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Well, I know i have a VERY slight leak at the point where the DP meets the stock exhaust, as that clamp doesn't give a 100% seal (but that shouldn't cause any problems as its VERY slight and so far down the exhaust it wouldn't cause any problems).

I'm going to be installing the RE Stabilizer on the car this Friday so I'll double check everything else as well just to make sure. What's funny is that when I had the JB4, George asked me the same thing about something being loose on the engine/exhaust and I looked over EVREYTHING and couldn't find anything that would cause a rattle. I'll give it all another go this Friday. I'll even pull the spark plugs again to make sure nothing is loose and see how she's running.

yea the leak won't have an effect as it's downstream. It never hurts to check for rattles and loose things. I would certainly go and grab some ethanol to put in. It won't take long to mix just 10-20 miles.

ashiun

Ready to race!

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
^

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk