GOLFMKV

Performance rebuild on IS20

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Think this might need an update.....

EBAY MAFIA #1
2015 GTI S PP//JB1//DP//INJEN CAI//GFB DV+//VMRV705//VWR SPRINGS//PZERO ROSSO//SPULEN SS//RACESENG//OBD11//Deep Pearl Gang//BIG WANG GANG

idk maaan jb1 is still cool right??? lol

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Keep carrying the torch, Flex! I'm glad it is in the hands of another forum members, so I can keep tabs :)

It served me well, and I am sure it will do the same for you.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
I have an IS20 sitting in my basement and I'm trying to decide if I should just have it re-balanced and put it back in or go the hybrid route from GPop and control it with my JB4. Looking forward to the updates

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
So i installed my hpfp today, will install lpfp hopefully sooner than later and have to go back through the process of retuning. Hell maybe I'll have a damn near e85 tune by the time I'm done. My hybrid is still running strong though, no problems....yet :)

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I have an IS20 sitting in my basement and I'm trying to decide if I should just have it re-balanced and put it back in or go the hybrid route from GPop and control it with my JB4. Looking forward to the updates
Stay tuned! Just installed it and im pretty pleased

So i installed my hpfp today, will install lpfp hopefully sooner than later and have to go back through the process of retuning. Hell maybe I'll have a damn near e85 tune by the time I'm done. My hybrid is still running strong though, no problems....yet :)
I reallllllly like how the littco units look. I will try one at some point.
You think the DV+ was not releasing boost accurately and causing stress on the shaft through surge?
I think so and I think it was a gradual failure type thing. It wasn't like a one time big boost hit and then just poof. I noticed over a week or so the car was behaving oddly after a seriously rough track day on a less then optimal tune (base files) .

Going to run around a bit tomorrow, log and see what I get. I liked the GFB but i think it does have its limits when tested beyond normal user spec.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Could you guys give me some ideas on what info you would like to hear/see on the turbo? On my 2nd round of tuning and things are going well. Really enjoying it. When yuou drive normal there really isn't much of a difference. give it some beans and off she goes!

So what would you guys like
Logs?
Pics?
Vids?

Im terrible at this stuff haha, all i needed was proof of concept and the means to acquire it so im quite pleased.

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
Logs are always great [emoji482]

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
Definitely

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Would really like to see a log starting at 2300-2500 rpm, then give it 100% throttle and carry it out as far as you can to redline, get a good idea on how quickly it builds and how well it holds. Thanks in advance

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Why not up the timing? No corrections.
I'm not doing the tuning-currently on the first revision from the tuner
Would really like to see a log starting at 2300-2500 rpm, then give it 100% throttle and carry it out as far as you can to redline, get a good idea on how quickly it builds and how well it holds. Thanks in advance

Sure I will get some clean ones today. The idea is to do 3rd gear logs up to redline and send those over.

Currently on the first revision on the tune. Certainly snappy as we are moving along in a steady pattern. I will upload a few other logs I already have. Sadly I was shit at organizing them but you can persue them.

Also tell me what you are looking at/for :) Im learning myself.