GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Martin398

Ready to race!
As per above get a obd2 reader and see what the code is.

I may at some point but I have access to a scanner when I need it, just wasn't that concerned to go get it. I've been spoiled by my friends top of the line diagnostic equipment at his shop so I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on something cheap

gmsgltr

Passed Driver's Ed
I 'read' the codes yesterday out of curiosity and was surprised to see:
431A00 No Description Found
000000 No Description Found
I couldn't find much info on this... any insight?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Replacement board on its way! Any starter map 6 settings for 6MT CA91 w/DP and drip in filter?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I got to try the drip in filters! I have heard dripping liquid NoS into the air filter can get you like 50whp minimum....

crgirl3388

Passed Driver's Ed
Hopefully this is an ok place to put this....i just drove my car out of the driveway, car throws EPC light, goes into limp mode. I pull over and i see my loving husband accidentally left the usb cable for my jb4 on top of my battery cable. Problem is a few days ago a mouse decided to chew on my power cable so the metal from the usb cable was laying on the exposed cable from my battery. I waited a bit and the car started up no codes, i got it back to my garage but it will not connect to the jb4 at all. DOES THIS MEAN MY JB4 IS TOAST??? ��

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Hopefully this is an ok place to put this....i just drove my car out of the driveway, car throws EPC light, goes into limp mode. I pull over and i see my loving husband accidentally left the usb cable for my jb4 on top of my battery cable. Problem is a few days ago a mouse decided to chew on my power cable so the metal from the usb cable was laying on the exposed cable from my battery. I waited a bit and the car started up no codes, i got it back to my garage but it will not connect to the jb4 at all. DOES THIS MEAN MY JB4 IS TOAST??? ��

Maybe. If it is I have an extra board only jb4 if you need it. Much cheaper than new and it was plugged in for a couple hours only. Bought it to see if my problems were jb4 or my car. It was my car. Lol. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Either that or your husband is. Poor guy. For his sake, I hope it's okay. I'd email or PM George.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HuntR

Go Kart Newbie
Connecting to JB-1. Can anybody help me out?

Hi all, I have a new-to-me JB. I am trying to connect to JB via downloaded app/new data cable and Win-7 Laptop - hooked up to car - KOEO - followed instructions to find COM port in device mngr, but it seems I cannot find, or do not have a COM port available:( Anyone had this issue and found a solution other than bluetooth app etc?

SoSteezy

Passed Driver's Ed
so my JB4 is arriving today. hope to install it later today or over the weekend. couple questions.

i ordered it last week from URO Tuning. I take it, it wont have the new firmware. Should I flash it? I do not have the bluetooth module. Only data cable. I plan on running either stock map 1 or 2 since my car is stock w/ no other mods and dont want or really fiddle with things.

second question is, what happens when i wanna use vagcom. Since jb4 plugs into the obdii, i have to unplug it to then plug in vagcom, right? will that mess things up always?

Once you get everything installed, double check what firmware version you're on. If you're on the previous version, download the HEX file from the N54 site and update it.

I had the same attitude you had about "fiddling" with things. Then I realized how easy it is to adjust Map 6 with George's assistance and other members in the Map 6 thread.

My advice is to run Map 1, do some logs and post them here. Once you get the go ahead from members and George, he'll give you starting values to move to Map 6 where the real fun begins.

Just got the jb4 installed today, man this thing is awesome.

I have the same question as absoluteczech, but I ordered directly from the BMS website. The firmware version/file names quoted above (hex files) do not match what shows up on my JB4 app. My app says firmware version "60/3//5". Is this the most up to date?

Dave C

Hi,

I'm trying to fit the JB4 to my facelift GTI PP. Got an issue with locating the red AFR wire. Following the wires going from the top of the turbo to the connection, there doesnt seem to be a red wire. There's 5 wires - black, white, grey, yellow amd blue See attached photo. Any ideas guys?

I've also attached a photo of the plug above it just incase (second photo). There's only 4 wires going to this one - white, white, grey, black

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks,

David
orca-image-1514985619697.jpg_1514985620052.jpeg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk