GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Exhaust tips

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
I bought them figuring oh wth they are cheap. To my surprise they appear to be very high quality pieces. Nice and heavy...and you get TWO of them for $34! Mine didn't have any "made in China" stickers btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I bought some too! I'll have them installed tomorrow. I'll share a pic.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

hawker800mech

Ready to race!
Bought a set, too. The JST139 tips are from Jones Exhaust in Tenn. if I read correct, they are American made.

pewpewpew

Do you have to weld anything? Is there a way to make it so you can removed to go back to stock?

DadsGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have to weld anything? Is there a way to make it so you can removed to go back to stock?
These are weld on if you want to go back to stock you need to buy clamp tips but at the same time you would have to weld the stock tips back on.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Did anyone ever find out if the sound changed at all from going to these tips?

I'm not sure why this is even a thought that crosses anyone's mind. You're simply welding on a newer fatter tip there is no interference or changes to the actual exhaust.

If I am wrong and someone knows of an exhaust tip that physically changes the tone of the exhaust on any vehicle please, let me know, but I think logic suggests that's impossible.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Great find since I don't plan on getting a full catback for quite a while!

GTISwede

Ready to race!
Why do all (not seen any other style at least) cbe/tbe manufacturers go for slash cut exhaust tips for the mk7 gti?
Never seen an cbe/tbe with straight cut tips.