GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
It is not but really close.. 11.40 is the R record

The list says 11.451 I was going by that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Any numbers posted yet for the 7.5 R? Curious how much performance is actually gained w the new transmission.

jvjump1

Passed Driver's Ed
Great numbers. Hope to have my golf r that fast by end of year. That is just awesome times. Keep showing everyone what these vw dubs can do.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Any numbers posted yet for the 7.5 R? Curious how much performance is actually gained w the new transmission.

Haven't seen any but I'm sitting next to three of them at a VW dealer.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Luke, I’ll just need to chase down that 11.40 now haha. I went to almost every possible test and tune over the last month so I’m actually looking forward to taking a break.

You'll get there soon, go ahead and take a break so I can actually catch up :D

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Which dealer? I may be looking to go from manual to dsg.

Autobarn Mount Prospect, if you go there ask for Eric and tell him Luke sent you. I just bought my 6th car there :D. Traded in wife's 2015 Sportwagen and I am a new proud owner of a tornado red 2018 Alltrak.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Made something special happen this weekend. Thanks to all for the advice and support over the last 8 months. Definitely a great community to belong to.

May 5th 2018
Portland International Raceway

2017 IS38 Golf Sportwagen 1.8t 4motion DSG

ET: 11.443 @ 119.47 MPH
60ft: 1.707
DA: 988

APR IS38 100 file
Fuel: E20 blend
JB4 + Water/Meth 30/70 mix

Weight removed - Passenger seat, top of rear seats and catback exhaust removed.

Front 15” steelies with M&H slicks
Rear 17" Enkie RPF1's with Firehawk Indy 500’s

That's insane! Does this mean the 1.8t > 2.0t? It's not like you have a weight advantage. Is your engine even built or is this stock internals?

Also, now for 10's?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Autobarn Mount Prospect, if you go there ask for Eric and tell him Luke sent you. I just bought my 6th car there :D. Traded in wife's 2015 Sportwagen and I am a new proud owner of a tornado red 2018 Alltrak.

That's the one I was hoping you weren't going to say. I got my 2016 R there. I'll never do business w them again.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
That's the one I was hoping you weren't going to say. I got my 2016 R there. I'll never do business w them again.

What happened? Eric has always taken good care of me. They are under new management if that makes a difference.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
What happened? Eric has always taken good care of me. They are under new management if that makes a difference.

It just wasn’t a good buying experience, not going to air dirty laundry here. Partially my fault for letting it happen but it’s been the one negative to owning the car. If you read the reviews online they’re almost universally bad so I don’t think I was an isolated case.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
It just wasn’t a good buying experience, not going to air dirty laundry here. Partially my fault for letting it happen but it’s been the one negative to owning the car. If you read the reviews online they’re almost universally bad so I don’t think I was an isolated case.

Well overall they have a 4.3 out of 5 so they must be doing something right. The bad ones will always happen, those are usually two sides to the story though. PM me to keep this thread clean, I have some inside information and would love to hear more about your experience.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Well overall they have a 4.3 out of 5 so they must be doing something right. The bad ones will always happen, those are usually two sides to the story though. PM me to keep this thread clean, I have some inside information and would love to hear more about your experience.
Yeah because those ratings are always legit

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk