GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

IS38Wagen

Damn, there goes all of my hopes of one day being the quickest 1.8t.

Your trap speed is pretty fast for probably spinning 1st -3rd gear. I'm sure you would roast me in a roll race. I look forward to seeing what you can do when you get that power down. definitely mid to low 12's potential.

Also there isn't much skill needed with my DSG. all I do is play around with my shift points from 2nd -3rd gear. Leaving it in sport mode alone I was running 13.1.

I definitely miss my MK3 VR 5spd.

Cheers,
Chuck

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Your trap speed is pretty fast for probably spinning 1st -3rd gear. I'm sure you would roast me in a roll race. I look forward to seeing what you can do when you get that power down. definitely mid to low 12's potential.

Also there isn't much skill needed with my DSG. all I do is play around with my shift points from 2nd -3rd gear. Leaving it in sport mode alone I was running 13.1.

I definitely miss my MK3 VR 5spd.

Cheers,
Chuck

Notice how I said quickest and not fastest :p. I'll be back to put down a good time eventually, but a full second is a lot to make up even if I switched to slicks. That 4wd is a big advantage.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Damn, there goes all of my hopes of one day being the quickest 1.8t.

He's AWD, so you can still be the fastest. You already trapped about the same. And my piggie pipe is working great. I think you can pick up a few mph with it.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Piggy pipe, now that's a name I've not heard in a long time.

I came from the Audi world before I got the VW. Had an A6 Avant and an A4 Avant. The piggie pipe was big with the 2.7t guys and I always wondered how it would do on this platform. it works pretty well. Wouldn't hold up to your level, but does great at stage two daily driver. Best part is that it looks stock. For my little IS12, it fell off a little bit more above 5,700. I adjusted my boost settings though. I build up a little more earlier and then taper a little bit more above 5,000. Very torquey and I just shift at 6,000. Logs look great. Can't beat that timing
http://www.datazap.me/u/jcranwell/e30-piggie-pipe-2?log=0&data=1-4

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
I came from the Audi world before I got the VW. Had an A6 Avant and an A4 Avant. The piggie pipe was big with the 2.7t guys and I always wondered how it would do on this platform. it works pretty well. Wouldn't hold up to your level, but does great at stage two daily driver. Best part is that it looks stock. For my little IS12, it fell off a little bit more above 5,700. I adjusted my boost settings though. I build up a little more earlier and then taper a little bit more above 5,000. Very torquey and I just shift at 6,000. Logs look great. Can't beat that timing
http://www.datazap.me/u/jcranwell/e30-piggie-pipe-2?log=0&data=1-4

Oh yeah, I remember those B5 days, for better and worse.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I'm shooting for 1.8t golf stock Turbo and stock trans ?

Good luck! Blade3526 put down a pretty damn hard to beat time and a 60' of only 2.071 on stock all seasons with a trap speed nearly as high as any IS20 1.8t. I'm pretty sure he's some kind of drag racing magician.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

Mk7munkie

Passed Driver's Ed
Good luck! Blade3526 put down a pretty damn hard to beat time and a 60' of only 2.071 on stock all seasons with a trap speed nearly as high as any IS20 1.8t. I'm pretty sure he's some kind of drag racing magician.

I saw that and I know I can fix my 60' by turning off traction control and airing out a little more, that was pre dog bone insert as well so it hopped a bit. Idk that I'll pick up a full second but I have other parts coming like lighter wheels and possible stack. I really want to get DSG on my golf hatch lol

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I saw that and I know I can fix my 60' by turning off traction control and airing out a little more, that was pre dog bone insert as well so it hopped a bit. Idk that I'll pick up a full second but I have other parts coming like lighter wheels and possible stack. I really want to get DSG on my golf hatch lol

Stacking will do it. Get a JB4 and we will show you the way. The Uni is a good tune to stack on great timing and lots of room to improve. Uni stage 2 only peaks around 17.5-18psi where apr is hitting 22+. The stack and some e85 can get you there with better advance

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Username: Ohlawdy
Mk7 Golf R DSG

11.873 @ 114.6mph
60ft 1.6
Great Lakes Dragway

-Burger Motorsports JB4 - Map 6
-Milltek Catless Turboback (wrapped downpipe)
-IE Carbon Intake
-Leyo Motorsports Boost Pipe Kit/Turbo Inlet/Muffler Delete
-Forge Intercooler/Turbo Blanket
-Denso IKH24KT Plugs

E30ish mix/No Meth
Full interior
All Season DWS06 tires dropped to 30psi(spinning on launch but seems to be the best pressure without Sacrificing too much trap speed. First run on full pressures I was trapping 118mph. Guess I need some slicks.)
250lb driver

68 Degrees - 55% Humidity @ 600ft elevation.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Username: Ohlawdy
Mk7 Golf R DSG

11.873 @ 114.6mph
60ft 1.6
Great Lakes Dragway

-Burger Motorsports JB4 - Map 6
-Milltek Catless Turboback (wrapped downpipe)
-IE Carbon Intake
-Leyo Motorsports Boost Pipe Kit/Turbo Inlet/Muffler Delete
-Forge Intercooler/Turbo Blanket
-Denso IKH24KT Plugs

E30ish mix/No Meth
Full interior
All Season DWS06 tires dropped to 30psi(spinning on launch but seems to be the best pressure without Sacrificing too much trap speed. First run on full pressures I was trapping 118mph. Guess I need some slicks.)
250lb driver

68 Degrees - 55% Humidity @ 600ft elevation.

Saw this on Vortex. Nice time. Not sure what his complaint is about spinning with that 1.6 sixty. He should try a launching a GTI. :p