GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Looks like that kit has some of the parts, depending on how you take the trans out. Axle bolts and control arm nuts not needed.

If you only going to remove the lower trans mount bolts you could get away with only the PP and TOB bolts inside the trans, plus the torque arm and lower trans bolts, and reuse the bell housing bolts.

That would cost you only $31.20.

Thanks Gibberoni, I just have to get the motor and trans mounts along with these bolts. I'll have to ask my shop what bolts I'll need depending on how they drop the transmission. I"m getting a Peloquin put in so I'm guessing I'll need most or all those bolts.

FCP Euro

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK7 GTI TCR
Thanks to ITGUY and Gibberoni for letting me know about the hardware, I went ahead and added all the bolts for TTY bolts for the job as well. They are linked below.

TTRS KIT:
Clutch Kit W/ TOB Sachs Performance - $549.99

DOGBONE MOUNT HARDWARE:
N10699401: 1x Dogbone Mount - $1.39
N91201001: 1x Dogbone Mount - $6.48
N91167101: 1x Dogbone Mount - $2.67

INSIDE TRANSMISSION:
N90847002: 3x TOB Bolt - $1.20 Each
N90320701: 6x Pressure Plate Bolt - $.89 Each (Included in Clutch Kit)
SACHS DMF91192: DMF - $349.00
N90665001: x6 Flywheel bolt - Included W/ Flywheel - $1.29 Each

TRANS MOUNTS:
N10706901: 3x Upper transmission mount bolts (Goes into the lower mount) - $0.91 Each
N10552404: 3x Lower Transmission Mount Bolt (Goes into the trans) - $2.75 Each

You can alternatively only remove the bolts from the lower mount to the transmission, and then remove the upper and lower mounts as 1 piece, then you will need:
N10699701 x4 - $1.89 Each

ENGINE BLOCK TO TRANS BOLTS:
N90884602: 1x Trans/Engine Bolt - $8.82 - Holds shifter linkage bracket in
N10721501: 2x Trans/Engine Bolt - $2.62 - On the top and side
N10692701: 1x Trans/Engine Bolt - $5.22
N90916102: 2x Trans/Engine Bolt - $5.40 - Bottom of the trans
N91060202: 1x Trans/Engine Bolt - $3.65 - This one is the one that screws in from the engine side (I think)

MISC
N10699701: 1x Control Arm Bolt - This is only needed if you undo the control arm like I needed to. I was not able to get my ball join nuts off for some reason.
B000750M2: VW DOT4 Brake Fluid
06K103171G: Rear Main Seal (Recommend the upgraded rear main seal from iAbed, as the original seal is from VW is fugazzi)

Get a liter of trans fluid, or get 3 if you are going to change it out (holds ~2.75L) G052171A2 $8.22 per liter

Last edited:

Banned
Thanks to FCP for really doing a number on me.. drove two hours do have a clutch done only to find out they gave me a pressure plate for an E36 BMW on reinstall, out a day and $500 for nothing. Second time for them, I'm done.

Nappy216

Ready to race!
Just put the complete package together as a kit for the MKVII listed below.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-clutch-kit-sachs-performance-529542

Link doesn't seem to work. Is this "kit" still available?

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Thanks to FCP for really doing a number on me.. drove two hours do have a clutch done only to find out they gave me a pressure plate for an E36 BMW on reinstall, out a day and $500 for nothing. Second time for them, I'm done.

Second time? What happened the first time?

I know sometimes parts get mixed up. It's obviously not ideal, but you should've been able to double check that P/N on the PP to make sure it aligns with the right Sachs P/N.

https://aftermarket.zf.com/remoteme.../performance/performance-pdf/motormomente.pdf

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie

Why didn't you double check the part numbers?:confused: I've double checked on every item I've ordered from them.. or anyone else as a matter of fact. Just to avoid what has unfortunately happened to you. Hope it get's straightened out.

FCP Euro

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK7 GTI TCR
I apologize if you have had any issues with the kit you ordered, the plates have been coming in from ZF Racing directly as our stock order has not yet arrived from them, if there was a mix up on the part number picked and shipped to you I sincerely apologize, and would like to help you out as best I can. I do not see your order, but if you can reach out to me via PM or email I would like to look into what exactly happened here and do what I can to help.

FCP Euro

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK7 GTI TCR
Made them inorderable while we waited for a few more units to come in from Sachs, still waiting on our stock order but we have a few sets available and made the kit visible again.

Link doesn't seem to work. Is this "kit" still available?

Banned
Why didn't you double check the part numbers?:confused: I've double checked on every item I've ordered from them.. or anyone else as a matter of fact. Just to avoid what has unfortunately happened to you. Hope it get's straightened out.

Because I'm moving to Oregon in a few days, been busy and didn't look over every part as email and paper parts lists were accurate.

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Finally got my first package from FCP Euro. Shoutout to Miker for the fast replies on my questions. Still waiting on the PP and DMF.

Any idea why the TOB of Deutsche Auto Parts and RockAuto has a white stem on it while the FCP one is black? Do we have the correct bearing P/N listed. I also noticed some uneven "scuffing" on the bearing. Is this normal?

I know SHCKR had some issues with the TOB.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17097&page=2

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
The factory Mk7 bearing has a plastic disk on the face of the bearing and also the white elbow. The FCP unit is actually for a MK6 (and many others). However, it works in the MK7 platform without any issues. Putting the two units side by side, they are identical in measurements. The scuffing is normal, mine came like that, and I have had 20k zero issue miles.

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Finally got the remainder of the parts in. Going to be doing the install on 7/2. I'll report back after everything is done.

On a side note, I noticed that the DAP TTRS PP and the HS Tuning PP look different than the one in the FCP package . I know that Miker was able to source just the PP from Sachs, but I thought it was the same TTRS PP. Anyone know what the differences are? @MikerFCP maybe you can chime in on this one

elamothe15

Ready to race!
I think the pressure plate Mike uses is from an SRE clutch, looks the same as mine.

Interesting...I know the SRE clutch uses an unsprung disc. I’m not sure if that makes any difference though?