GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Got some beefier front end links to replace the ones that came with my coils.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Is it worth upgrading front endlinks if lowered? I still run stock.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Is it worth upgrading front endlinks if lowered? I still run stock.

My coils came with end links due to the strut being shorter. However either I'm a tad too low or the end links I received were just bad. I notice they do sit kind of cocked and the ball joints look stressed. They knock like crazy (at least I think it's the end links). I have checked everything like 100 times and everything is tight. So I figured id give adjustable end links a try, the beefiness is just a bonus.

StewieMk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice. Share how the install goes. I'm 99% certain I'll be going with the same DP as well.

Will do. I was trying to be lazy and shop around to local places to have it installed, but all the videos make it seem fairly simple, even for myself with limited auto hardware experience. So I'll be setting it up on the ramps Saturday and saving some money!

As a side note, my first purchase from UR and they're pretty good. Ordered on March 25th, shipped the 28th from Ontario, Canada and arrived today. $605 total with the cat,res and o2 extender. Seemed like a good middle of the road price while flying under the CA radar.

cinderbike

Ready to race!
Haven't done anything - yet, but first drive at night time tonight. WOW. Glad I spent extra on the better headlights.

Gotta say, coming from a Fiesta, the build quality on this thing is night and day. Love the LED lighting everywhere and the red lights on the door panel are pretty cool. Wonder if the R has them too.

zech912

Ready to race!
Haven't done anything - yet, but first drive at night time tonight. WOW. Glad I spent extra on the better headlights.

Gotta say, coming from a Fiesta, the build quality on this thing is night and day. Love the LED lighting everywhere and the red lights on the door panel are pretty cool. Wonder if the R has them too.

the headlights alone are worth the price of admission on this wonderful car.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Will do. I was trying to be lazy and shop around to local places to have it installed, but all the videos make it seem fairly simple, even for myself with limited auto hardware experience. So I'll be setting it up on the ramps Saturday and saving some money!

As a side note, my first purchase from UR and they're pretty good. Ordered on March 25th, shipped the 28th from Ontario, Canada and arrived today. $605 total with the cat,res and o2 extender. Seemed like a good middle of the road price while flying under the CA radar.
If you purchase the same UR DP setup from the MAP website, you can get a 5% discount, they run codes all the time.

After watching a DAP video on DP install, i decided to install it myself and save $150 by not going to a shop. Ramps will do the trick.

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
“Soap Dispenser” to use with my battery operated pressure washer....dunno how well it’s going to work but figured it couldn’t be terrible and i wouldn’t kill myself if it’s not any good since it was only $15 lol

And 1 of 3 items to complete my mib1 to mib2 conversion!

-Martin

thx138

Passed Driver's Ed
I didn't get them today but I got to try them out today. It's nice not having to worry about where to put the jack stands

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
I didn't get them today but I got to try them out today. It's nice not having to worry about where to put the jack stands

What are they called? Interesting that they can be put anywhere.....