GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

Nrappa

Ready to race!
I’ve never leased a car, but I wouldn’t trust a sales guy’s word on that at all. It’s WAY out of his jurisdiction/pay grade/knowledge level. It costs him nothing to tell you that, could potentially have a huge effect on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah true, I was thinking of calling VW HQ and seeing what they say. I have all the receipts and stuff to document that I’ve been back and forth with the same problem

BanjoFood

Passed Driver's Ed
Pedals vibrate when going 40-45ish mph & 60-65ish mph (clutch, brake and gas). Vibrates just enough to annoy the hell out of me, but not enough for the VW tech guys to figure it out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

slow12s

Ready to race!
Yeah true, I was thinking of calling VW HQ and seeing what they say. I have all the receipts and stuff to document that I’ve been back and forth with the same problem

how many times have you been in for the same problem without them being able to fix it? If more than 3, call VW of america and raise hell...don't trust what a guy at your local dealership has to say about lemon laws even in regards to a lease...this is VWoA jurisdiction...good luck

Nrappa

Ready to race!
how many times have you been in for the same problem without them being able to fix it? If more than 3, call VW of america and raise hell...don't trust what a guy at your local dealership has to say about lemon laws even in regards to a lease...this is VWoA jurisdiction...good luck

4 times total, 3 where something was actually done
1. Coil pack
2. Fuel injector
3. Evap canister and leak detection pipe

Third time they forgot to put my intake back together [emoji58]

slow12s

Ready to race!
4 times total, 3 where something was actually done
1. Coil pack
2. Fuel injector
3. Evap canister and leak detection pipe

Third time they forgot to put my intake back together [emoji58]

http://www.lemonlaw.com/leasealemon.html

I'd call VWoA and raise hell...I wouldn't expect a new car out of it, but I'd certainly be trying to get one...without starting any new lease of course, just continuing on the current payment plan for the same time duration

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
My drivers window make a weird noise rolling down, only one that does it and it's very quiet but I hear it and it bothers me every time

Yup mine does too. It’s incredibly annoying but I don’t know what the dealership is gonna say about it.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
There was a low rpm buzzing that would annoy the crap out of me. I don't think I hear it anymore since I turned off the Soundaktor.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
When I get on the throttle or depending on the road, I get a really bad buzz/rattle coming from the passenger door/window area. Checked the windows and I don't see anything stuck there... checked interior as well just to make sure and found nothing.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's causing it and how to fix it? I'm probably going to bring it to the dealer soon.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
When I get on the throttle or depending on the road, I get a really bad buzz/rattle coming from the passenger door/window area. Checked the windows and I don't see anything stuck there... checked interior as well just to make sure and found nothing.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's causing it and how to fix it? I'm probably going to bring it to the dealer soon.

I have had an intermittent rattle coming from what seems like the front passenger pillar speaker / dash vent. It usually happens during cooler weather and most noticeable on rough pavement.

Does that sound like the same thing that you’re experiencing?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I have had an intermittent rattle coming from what seems like the front passenger pillar speaker / dash vent. It usually happens during cooler weather and most noticeable on rough pavement.

I've got this one. Bought some gummy phlegm or whatever the hell it is, but haven't started lubing up panels yet.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long

Sounds similar, especially with that cooler weather thing and bouncy roads. Temps have been dropping lately. It also happens when I'm giving it good throttle.

I honestly can't tell specifically what part of the passenger side it's coming from though... I was thinking the window but I could be wrong.

mclieberman

I have a vibrating noise front passage area under the dash. I can't figure it out and I hear it usually when the front passenger wheel goes over something bumpy. Drives me nuts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Well... Just went to the dealer and found out that the warranty for rattles/creaks/squeaks is 1 year/12,000 miles. Luckily the rattling stopped for now. I think it has to do with colder weather mentioned by others.

I still have that weird ticking noise when turning the wheels, especially to full lock, when stationary or at low speeds. Not surprised they said it may or may not be part of warranty just because I'm on springs.

alderran1

Ready to race!
Well... Just went to the dealer and found out that the warranty for rattles/creaks/squeaks is 1 year/12,000 miles. Luckily the rattling stopped for now. I think it has to do with colder weather mentioned by others.

I still have that weird ticking noise when turning the wheels, especially to full lock, when stationary or at low speeds. Not surprised they said it may or may not be part of warranty just because I'm on springs.

That’s bullshit my car was in the shop last spring for creaking sunroof and it was 1.5 years old at the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
My drivers door creeks when I open and close it. It's already been lubed twice by the dealer.

The arm that guides the door open and closed and stops door can have the bolts come loose. When this happens my would creak a lot. After tightening the bolts no issue. Since then mine has remained tight for 2 years now.
Try this.