GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

Technomaster

Heh. Funny I have a few of these peeves.

My top 3:
Wind buffeting is terrible. But my son always wants cold air - so we always need at least one other window open.

Getting in and out of the drivers seat/No memory seats. Maybe I got pampered by my Infiniti g37x that slid the seat and steering wheel away when I opened the door, but I find myself fiddling to get back to my comfort zone.

Low gear choppiness. Driving around a parking lot isn't the most pleasant experience with dsg. Curious if the gear ratios were tweaked/improved in 2016 model.

Sent using Tapatalk

Justin0122

Ready to race!
Heh. Funny I have a few of these peeves.

My top 3:
Wind buffeting is terrible. But my son always wants cold air - so we always need at least one other window open.

Getting in and out of the drivers seat/No memory seats. Maybe I got pampered by my Infiniti g37x that slid the seat and steering wheel away when I opened the door, but I find myself fiddling to get back to my comfort zone.

Low gear choppiness. Driving around a parking lot isn't the most pleasant experience with dsg. Curious if the gear ratios were tweaked/improved in 2016 model.

Sent using Tapatalk
i can't stand that choppiness in first gear, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the same problem. ill leave my parking spot, give it a little bit of gas and 20-40 ft later that car jerks forward, well hopefully thats the same thing you're describing

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
What? There's no such thing as a car with turning signals anything but yellow... If there is, it's aftermarket, and illegal.

Edit: wait, you mean the cornering lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I realized my mistake once I read you reply. My bad.

You're right, the cornering lights. Though I really like the feature, it bugs me that it's not the same colour temp as the headlights.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I hate the horrible wind buffeting when the window is open. It's painful to my eardrums!
I've had some cars do this bad, but this one is the worse by far.

Ahhhh....this!!!

Sometimes, I wish to hear my exhaust (stock cb, CTS dp) but don't want the wind in my face, so I roll the rear windows down. OMFG, my ears!!

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
they should make the hatch window roll down :D:D
bet that would solve/start a bunch of issues

takemorepills

Ready to race!
Ahhhh....this!!!

Sometimes, I wish to hear my exhaust (stock cb, CTS dp) but don't want the wind in my face, so I roll the rear windows down. OMFG, my ears!!

This has happened in many of my past cars. Generally, opening an opposite side window, a rear window, the sunroof, or in my truck slide down the back window a certain amount will generally prevent the buffeting. It is annoying though, my son likes to open his window, the wife wants no windows open (of course) and the mere idea of cracking open more windows to relieve the buffeting of my son's one open window usually causes my wife to argue. Happens in our GTI, 9-2x and our Titan. It is not specific to the GTI.
Doesn't happen in my Prelude though, probably because it is a 2 door.

xl1200r

Ready to race!
BTW, any smartphone issues people are having isn't necessarily a fault of the MIB system. Android is buggy, especially bloated carrier Androids. All cars have random smartphone issues these days.

According to some forums I've read, users with substantial issues with AA on MIB-II can plug into Kia's AA system with no issues at all.

defense05

Ready to race!
Pretty sure this is my own fault since I installed the sway bars, but I get some horrible sounding creaking whenever my car goes over a bump/hump/whatever unevenly. Other than that, I love my car.

clipsedsm95

Passed Driver's Ed
The autobahn PP 2016 seats are not for big boys they are hella tight when I sit in them I can't wear a jacket and drive comfortably it's impossible

mkygod

Ready to race!
I found out recently that if you roll down just the right-rear passenger window a few inches, it creates some kind of weird resonating sound that sounds like its coming from your head. It feels like your ears are about to pop like you get during elevation change.

clipsedsm95

Passed Driver's Ed
I found out recently that if you roll down just the right-rear passenger window a few inches, it creates some kind of weird resonating sound that sounds like its coming from your head. It feels like your ears are about to pop like you get during elevation change.

Happens in every sedan. Talking from experience I've owned 7 of them lol