cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Well that is one heck of an update!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Well that is one heck of an update!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Haha yeah it kinda just happened. Had an opportunity to pick one up for a crazy deal and couldn't say no. Will be running it with the jb4 only to start but going to be going either unitronic or Cobb and stacking the Jb4 on top with the meth controller. Either way..I'm gonna need some better rubber.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!

More caliper pics.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
So my wife sent me these. Took a turn to sharp and ripped the side skirt off. Lucky the body is not damaged. It's just the plastic skirt. New one is already ordered and at the shop to get fixed this evening.

On a positive note.

I ordered my new rotors and pads. Hawk sector 7 rotors and hawk hps pads for daily use. A more aggressive pad will be used for track days.

Also all the parts for my is38 install are in and it's ready to be installed. Stay tuned.

Zacr811

Ready to race!

Alright. IS38 is in. Install took about 6 hours since I've never done it before so there was a learning curve. Someone who knows what they are doing prior could do it in 4 or 5.

Hardest part was getting the oil and coolant lines off. Take them off the turbo and not the block. Found that out the hard way.

First impressions after driving it. No tune since I'm checking waste gate errors before hand is the exhaust tone is completely different. Much deeper sounding and louder. Very nice. Car feels slower since my tune is off at the moment until I log and make sure it's all running properly.

Going to log tomorrow is the weather is nice.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Out of curiosity, what's the point of the roof wrap? It seems that there's subtle contrast but it's hard to tell with the pictures.

Nice build though! Is your car DSG?
Yeah it's subtle. No doubt. You can see it in certain lighting and it looks great. Also I have a rear spoiler coming that's gloss black. So when that goes on you would have definitely noticed the grey gap between the run roof and spoiler.

Also thank you and yes it is a DSG.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Can you post some more pictures of it?

I'm sure photos don't do justice but I want to see if I'll like it enough to do the same :)

Yeah it's subtle. No doubt. You can see it in certain lighting and it looks great. Also I have a rear spoiler coming that's gloss black. So when that goes on you would have definitely noticed the grey gap between the run roof and spoiler.

Also thank you and yes it is a DSG.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Can you post some more pictures of it?

I'm sure photos don't do justice but I want to see if I'll like it enough to do the same :)
Sure. I'll snap a few pics so you can see.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
GIAC IS38 ECU and DSG software installed today. Going to be stacking it with the jb4 and meth. Lots to happen over the next few days.

jamboat

So after driving around all day with the res delete I can say I absolutely love it. I don't want a loud exhaust. Just a little more growl/deep tone which is exactly what removing the resonator did. No droning at all on the highway even at 3000+ rpm. It sounds like the soundaktor but not artificial. Really happy with the results for $60.
I see you got your mk7 from the same dealer as mine. Where did you get this done?I'm having trouble finding good places in Toronto.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
I see you got your mk7 from the same dealer as mine. Where did you get this done?I'm having trouble finding good places in Toronto.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Elite tint ( they do more than tints) . It's in Vaughan. Contact Juan and let him know zac sent you. I'm sure he will give you a good deal if you're looking for a tune.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Ok some first impressions after driving it all last night.

The is38 software. Power is crazy. Having trouble putting it all down with the pilot super sports. It is cold here so that hurts the summer tire performance but still, I can spin to 120. Right now im on the 93 pump file, haven't touched race yet since that requires the meth and fueling that is not ready yet. I have to log with the jb4 first. The boost curve is different than anything else I have driven, it hits 20psi around 2k RPM and then slowly climbs to 25 holds it there to almost redline. I logged it to see. Very cool. Torque is through the roof, sucked in the back of my seat the whole time. Love it. More to come with this, meth isn't even running yet. Lots of testing to do.

The DSG tune, TCU tune. This is all about the feel as it completely changed the characteristics of the car. In D it drives like it should have come from factory. Actually holds it in gear until about 2500rpm and if you do push it, it will go to about 4k which is a nice change from rushing to 6th gear as soon as possible then bogging down. In manual mode you loose the big farts but its just so much more responsive and quick. No delay when pulling the paddle whatsoever. just much more refined and well worth the money. This was more a reliability mod as the added power with the is38 turbo would cause slip without the tune. Although I love everything about it so far.

Logging more today, going to get the meth going with the jb4. Hard to do a 3rd gear pull to redline since im just going so fast at that point.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Update.

Still waiting for my pads and rotors to show up so I can start installing my brembos.

Couple pics over the last few days. Car is running great. I logged the 93 pump file and the 100 Oct race file to see what it looks like. The 93 runs great with lower timing. Peaks around 7 degrees at 23 psi. The race file which I can support with meth running pulls only 3 degrees of timing and peaks around 24 or 25 psi at 16 degrees of timing which is awesome. Such a difference. I've been learning a lot about tunes and timing. Very interesting stuff.

How the car sits as of today.

Last edited: