GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034Motorsport - Billet Aluminum Dogbone Insert

Mk7VW

Banned
Well shit I just tried removing my old bfi insert and using my huge ass tq wrench at 110 ft lb it didn't move a bit. I don't have a breaker or an impact driver so not sure what to do..

Use a regular ratchet and insert a pipe inside it.

thez99

Go Kart Champion
Okay I'm gonna check my install again because the NVH increase was absurd. Will report back.

You sure you installed the right one? I know a few 2016's have said there's was the version 2 instead of 1

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Okay I'm gonna check my install again because the NVH increase was absurd. Will report back.

Yeah that's not right. My NVH increase was barely noticeable. I read a review of when someone installed the wrong style that his NVH was unbearable.

Mk7VW

Banned
Yeah that's not right. My NVH increase was barely noticeable. I read a review of when someone installed the wrong style that his NVH was unbearable.

I verified mine is the version 2 before ordering and the NVH is pretty harsh on take off especially uphill. Ill double check it again today and report back.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Here is my dogbone. It is version 2.

Here is the version 2 034 Motorsports Mount installed.

Bolt was torqued to 100 Nm. I have done probably ~10 dogbones for friends and my past VW's so the install is 100% correct to my knowledge. Vibrations when taking off nearly shakes the wheel out of your hands. I have a very high tolerance for NVH and the mount made it worse starting off than our stripped racecar lol. It's clear something is wrong, but all things indicate the install is correct.

Car: 2016 S 6MT
Mods: JB1, 034 Dogbone Mount

Last edited:

Mk7VW

Banned
I removed it and reinstalled it with the same bolt torqued to 100 Nm and I think its a little better now. The engine didn't shake as much during start up and in D with the brake pedal released it doesn't shake as much. My figure is it wasn't seated properly or I may have over-torqued it the first time around. The ultimate test will be when I give it a try on a incline road.

Mk7VW

Banned
Here is my dogbone. It is version 2.

Here is the version 2 034 Motorsports Mount installed.

Bolt was torqued to 100 Nm. I have done probably ~10 dogbones for friends and my past VW's so the install is 100% correct to my knowledge. Vibrations when taking off nearly shakes the wheel out of your hands. I have a very high tolerance for NVH and the mount made it worse starting off than our stripped racecar lol. It's clear something is wrong, but all things indicate the install is correct.

Car: 2016 S 6MT
Mods: JB1, 034 Dogbone Mount

I may try the Neuspeed insert and see which one has less vibration. I like the feeling of the DSG with a insert, but the vibration defeats the purpose of a new car. I may end up removing it sometime soon after trying out a different insert.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Looks to be installed properly from what I can see. To be quite honest with you, I'm not sure my mount is doing much for me as I don't notice much of a difference, just a subtle change. Mine also bent on the install and I torqued it down the correct amount of 100 Nm.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
I have installed Version 1 of the Alu insert on my R last week.

Noise Vibration Harshness – negligible impact. I wanted the car to be a bit stiffer during acceleration. It is. The car is manual.

/Peter

thez99

Go Kart Champion
Yea all this stuff about crazy nvh..the whole point of this insert is that for one, it's def stronger than all the polyurethane mounts, and two there's supposed to be far less vibrations all around with it vs. the others. I will be installing mine as soon as I pick up a breaker bar, hopefully I don't run into these same issues..

Mk7VW

Banned
In a previous post someone said the vibration died considerably after 100 miles or so. Might see if that alters it any.

I been on it for approx 500 miles and it didn't go away. I removed it again today morning and re-torqued it in place and the vibration has cut by half.