Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Took my girlfriend shooting last night with my Kimber Warrior II, and Glock 19 G3, and borrowed a Walther P22 (The 1911 and Glock were gifts). At the range there were so many first time shooters renting S&W 500 magnum, Desert Eagle 50 AE, M1 Garands, and anything else that is slightly too powerful for a 105lb guy whose hands are shaking holding a .380. These guys couldn't hit the paper at 20 yards... This is why I hate ranges in LA

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Took my girlfriend shooting last night with my Kimber Warrior II, and Glock 19 G3, and borrowed a Walther P22 (The 1911 and Glock were gifts). At the range there were so many first time shooters renting S&W 500 magnum, Desert Eagle 50 AE, M1 Garands, and anything else that is slightly too powerful for a 105lb guy whose hands are shaking holding a .380. These guys couldn't hit the paper at 20 yards... This is why I hate ranges in LA

Ranges let any yahoo shoot. I've seen a lot of inexperienced, stupid people, a deadly combination. I would only go to ranges with really thick dividers between the stalls.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
You must have never shot a Sub-2000.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have, absolutely hated the ergos.

PCCs in general are super fun, but that one i just could never seem to get comfortable with.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Sorry, but you're BEHIND enemy lines mate.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Ranges let any yahoo shoot. I've seen a lot of inexperienced, stupid people, a deadly combination. I would only go to ranges with really thick dividers between the stalls.

Pubic ranges are terrifying. Hell even private ones can have some real dumbasses.

There's one around here that is a real hotspot for suicides. No idea why but it seems like at least once a year someone goes in, rents a handgun, and blows their own head off.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Pubic ranges are terrifying. Hell even private ones can have some real dumbasses.

There's one around here that is a real hotspot for suicides. No idea why but it seems like at least once a year someone goes in, rents a handgun, and blows their own head off.

Probably because it has the best rates.

Ba dum tss!

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Sorry, but you're BEHIND enemy lines mate.

Yeah being a gun owner in CA is like being a dove during hunting season. People should have to take a test showing they can at least hit the damn target before a range allows them in.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah being a gun owner in CA is like being a dove during hunting season. People should have to take a test showing they can at least hit the damn target before a range allows them in.
I was having a discussion over Instagram with a guy in Switzerland, ex military, who just got his permit to have "three weapons" in his household. Which, was only possibly through his prior military service. We were discussing what he should get, yadda yadda. But American gun culture came up briefly, specifically CCW carriers. He doesn't like the idea of anyone without extensive marksmanship and weapons handling training carrying a firearm in public. Regardless of intentions. I sorta feel his argument. Granted, I do not have extensive marksmanship training, I do know I am above average.

Especially at an LA range probably! HA!

As a local, and gun supporter, how do you feel about the new Cali ammunition policies that are coming?

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Thoughts on new Glock 19X?

I am not a Glock guy, but this one intrigues me. I think it is unique, soon to be collectible, and very cool. I don't understand why people are giving it so much FLAK though. This is the main argument I have been hearing this week about why it's stupid.

"Why would Glock design a gun with a full size frame and a compact slide? It should be the opposite, I can't conceal this!"

When, in reality, the Glock 19X has one purpose, and it does it well. Bring the civilian public the Glcok MHS gun, nothing more. Not to conceal, and certainly not to compare to other Glock 19s. The only weapon you can effectively compare it to is the Sig M17. Their MHS handgun.

I have never had an opinion about a Glock before, or wanted one before, so I thought it was worth mentioning. I hope it makes me like Glock, I want to like Glock. haven't shot one since a GEN3 something.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
He doesn't like the idea of anyone without extensive marksmanship and weapons handling training carrying a firearm in public. Regardless of intentions. I sorta feel his argument. Granted, I do not have extensive marksmanship training, I do know I am above average.

The issue is twofold, first it's an American right to bear arms, it's not a privilege. We have a ton of laws in place regarding conduct and negligence with a firearm.

The second thing is the cost. You can buy a serviceable pistol with a box of ammo and CCW permit for under $400 in most of the country.

When I think back to most of the classes I've taken (which is quite a few), if you add travel, ammo, required equipment, and class fees, it has to be at least $100/hr for actual range time.

Pistol skills are also highly perishable, so to maintain a high level of proficiency, you need to continuously practice what you've trained.

Most people just don't have the time or money to be "highly proficient"...at least not as I would define it.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Pistol skills are also highly perishable, so to maintain a high level of proficiency, you need to continuously practice what you've trained.

Most people just don't have the time or money to be "highly proficient"...at least not as I would define it.

I cannot agree more man. I get better towards the end of summer, and by the end of winter I suck again due to lack of practice. They are VERY perishable.

I also agree that "highly efficient" is a subjective term. For me, a 4" group at 25 yards is proficient hahahaha. The same handgun in another persons hands is twice as accurate. With rifles the gap is not nearly as great.