GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Motorsport JB1 MAP 6 - User Settings List and Discussion

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
I have a JB1 on the way! My car is 6MT with a Borla Catback and 034Motorsports P34 intake on the way, too. I would love some advice about what Map 6 settings would be best for a balance of performance and clutch longevity with this setup. I would like to err on the side of caution to begin with. I've dug up a few settings in the forums regarding conservative maps, but I'd like to know if you guys had any suggestions for this specific setup.

Thanks!

I have spent a significant amount of time looking at dyno graphs, and boost profiles of various tunes to try to come up with a low tq, map 6 tune.

If you look at a stock dyno graph, tq peaks a little before 3000rpm and then holds fairly steady to 4500rpm and then drops off significantly. Therefore, I think a "clutch saver" map 6 has to keep a very light amount of boost below 4500rpm and then you can increase it to the full 4.8psi.

sawthetha

Passed Driver's Ed
Neither mod is going to allow you to run more boost than had the car been stock. Is it a JB1 or JB4?

It is a JB1. I was just curious if either would, but it's okay if neither does. Thanks for the input!

I have spent a significant amount of time looking at dyno graphs, and boost profiles of various tunes to try to come up with a low tq, map 6 tune.

If you look at a stock dyno graph, tq peaks a little before 3000rpm and then holds fairly steady to 4500rpm and then drops off significantly. Therefore, I think a "clutch saver" map 6 has to keep a very light amount of boost below 4500rpm and then you can increase it to the full 4.8psi.

Thanks for the advice! Do you have a suggestion for map values? I was thinking something like:

1500 0.0
2000 1.0
2500 1.5
3000 2.4
3500 2.8
4000 3.8
4500 4.8
5000 4.8
5500 4.8
6000 4.8
6500 4.0
7000 3.5

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
If you on 93 and you not getting hesitations on the gear change its fine. 5.0 is the recommended setting.

I've been running 5.2 on my stock 1.8t (AFE drop in dry filter and only 93 octane) for 6 months and just recently started feeling a slight hesitation and bucking in light traffic. Wonder if its bad gas or something else? My EPC light also came on yesterday while on I-95 and car went into limp mode. Restarted and all was fine. :rolleyes:

What are the classic signs of the stock DV failing?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I've been running 5.2 on my stock 1.8t (AFE drop in dry filter and only 93 octane) for 6 months and just recently started feeling a slight hesitation and bucking in light traffic. Wonder if its bad gas or something else? My EPC light also came on yesterday while on I-95 and car went into limp mode. Restarted and all was fine. :rolleyes:

What are the classic signs of the stock DV failing?

I had issues on 5.0 when I had JB1 running in hot weather before my IC. I would dial it back to 4.8 at least. Definitely should log on a hot engine to see what it is doing.

Denvernoob

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick question....I just installed my JB1 this afternoon (thanks for the quick shipping!). I run OSX and am using the software. It seems to connect fine. I read in a couple of sub-threads here people were having issues. Is this still the case? It seems to read and write fine. I will have to log, but so-far, so-good. Is there a specific way to tell something went wrong?

I have a stock DSG, and access to E85 in abundance. I had a heavily modded A4 1.8 fully running ethanol, so I will be doing some testing. Looks like the consensus is in Map 6, 5.2 is probably the highest a stock car with ~E20 should go?

Thanks for the advice and answers to the above questions! Looking forward to tinkering with this a bit!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Quick question....I just installed my JB1 this afternoon (thanks for the quick shipping!). I run OSX and am using the software. It seems to connect fine. I read in a couple of sub-threads here people were having issues. Is this still the case? It seems to read and write fine. I will have to log, but so-far, so-good. Is there a specific way to tell something went wrong?

I have a stock DSG, and access to E85 in abundance. I had a heavily modded A4 1.8 fully running ethanol, so I will be doing some testing. Looks like the consensus is in Map 6, 5.2 is probably the highest a stock car with ~E20 should go?

Thanks for the advice and answers to the above questions! Looking forward to tinkering with this a bit!

Put it on map1 at 5.2 and run a log.

Lopez0101

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 Mk7 GTI
Did a couple of logs for the first time. I tried seeing what the difference between FOL 25 and 40 would be. The FOL40 log was done at a slightly cooler temperature and gears 2-4. Settings were the same for both logs, which I forgot to note down. But max setting is 4.8, starting at 4500, I believe.

The target boost and actual boost seem to line up decently for the most part. The FOL25 log has a small RPM spike. Hopefully an anomaly and not some clutch slip...

Links:
https://datazap.me/u/lopez0101/log1-fol-25?log=0&data=1-3-4
https://datazap.me/u/lopez0101/log2-fol-40?log=0&data=1-3-4

I.E. intake and downpipe w/catback.

JTM65

Passed Driver's Ed
Had my JB1 since they came out with Rev 2 basically. 1.8 TSI 5 speed 2 door Golf. Just used the cable I bought last week to change to the map 6 setup with no modifications to the original settings as delivered. So far I really like the improved smoothness of power delivery. Much more linear for me. I have nothing but 93 octane, so I believe from what I've read that the initial map should be plenty safe. Hope the smoothness is here to stay. Map 1 was nice, but 6 should be the default maybe if this is how it usually works.

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
Hi,

I am owning a ROW GTI 2018 MT with 230 hp. I've heard there is a special set of values for the manual transmisson GTI's with lower torque.

I know that the standard clutch is nearly overwhelmed with the untuned torque of the car and will wear more quickly with higher torque. My goal is to stretch the time until the clutch will give up. After that it will be replaced by a Sachs Performance clutch.

I am thinking of around 280-295 ft lbs (just a tiny bit more than untuned) in the middle revs and to hold this bit more torque to the end to reach the same high rev output in power.

I am owning a JB4, my GTI is completly stock and my fuel is always Aral Ultimate 102 ROZ wich is approximately 97-98 RON.

Thanks in advance.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hi,

I am owning a ROW GTI 2018 MT with 230 hp. I've heard there is a special set of values for the manual transmisson GTI's with lower torque.

I know that the standard clutch is nearly overwhelmed with the untuned torque of the car and will wear more quickly with higher torque. My goal is to stretch the time until the clutch will give up. After that it will be replaced by a Sachs Performance clutch.

I am thinking of around 280-295 ft lbs (just a tiny bit more than untuned) in the middle revs and to hold this bit more torque to the end to reach the same high rev output in power.

I am owning a JB4, my GTI is completly stock and my fuel is always Aral Ultimate 102 ROZ wich is approximately 97-98 RON.

Thanks in advance.

See what this looks like.

FOL 40
Boost safety 25

1500 0
2000 1
2500 2
3000 2
3500 3
4000 4
4500 5
5000 6
5500 6
6000 6
6500 6
7000 5

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
Thanks!

I thought boost safety is only for map 1&2.

Up to +6 psi is because of my high octane fuel and the dual injection of my row GTI?

Is it possible to have the JB4 only doing its work in the higher revs?

Like this:
1500 0
2000 0
2500 0
3000 0
3500 0
4000 0
4500 2
5000 4
5500 6
6000 6
6500 6
7000 5

Only if it possible...

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks!

I thought boost safety is only for map 1&2.

Up to +6 psi is because of my high octane fuel and the dual injection of my row GTI?

Is it possible to have the JB4 only doing its work in the higher revs?

Like this:
1500 0
2000 0
2500 0
3000 0
3500 0
4000 0
4500 2
5000 4
5500 6
6000 6
6500 6