GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Motorsport JB1 MAP 6 - User Settings List and Discussion

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
It was very warm here today, and I do have an APR DP along with a Neuspeed hi-flow, still experienced boost pulsing. Dipped below ECU levels at one point and threw a code. Something I have not gotten on Map 1. I was running logs, and will hop over to the other laptop with them to snap a screenshot to post.

Here we go, numbers in the upper left represent the drop around the 170 mark on the X axis. I was in 3rd around 30, and hit 60ish.

Im not used to looking at DSG logs...is that dip in rpm and boost around the 173 point a gear shift? Or is that the throttle closure?

nwmark

It was very warm here today, and I do have an APR DP along with a Neuspeed hi-flow, still experienced boost pulsing. Dipped below ECU levels at one point and threw a code. Something I have not gotten on Map 1. I was running logs, and will hop over to the other laptop with them to snap a screenshot to post.

Here we go, numbers in the upper left represent the drop around the 170 mark on the X axis. I was in 3rd around 30, and hit 60ish.
http://s595.photobucket.com/user/MozFred/media/VW/GTI_20160721_zpsawfqnklf.jpg.html

I'm no expert on this but the 2 raised bumps in the rpm line look like clutch slip or wheel spin to me, which could then be a throttle closure hence the boost dip???

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
Going to try this on the way home, tho I only have 91, but as it is less boost than Map 1 i should be fin. I get an odd hiccup in boost when accelerating in 3rd, maybe this will fix it. Logging the data on the way home, as best I can during 5 o'clock rush hour.

So is this log with the two dips in rpm from the 4.0 map I posted up early that you said you were going to run?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I'm no expert on this but the 2 raised bumps in the rpm line look like clutch slip or wheel spin to me, which could then be a throttle closure hence the boost dip???

+1 exactly what I read in the graph, but I haven't logged with my Jb1 so I am a little unfamiliar with it. Usually I use my vagcom cable.

I thought the progressive RPM then those bumps would rule out wheel spin so I'm thinking slipping clutch

B95zP

Ready to race!
What settings were you running? Looks like:

Map6 (what were your targets at each rpm?)
DSG; DP; intake
91 octane
hot day
3rd gear into 4th gear

Apologies posted that late last night, and just getting to this. Well summed, except no intake, just the discharge pipe. I stayed in 3rd as I ran out of road. I do not think it was wheelspin, and I really hope it is not my DSG slipping already! :eek:

Targets on that run were:
Fuel Open Loop: 40
1500 0
2000 2
2500 3
3000 4
3500 4
4000 4
4500 4
5000 4.6
5500 5
6000 5
6500 4
7000 3

Definitely noticed the reduced power compared to Map 1 settings. Crazy how different just .6 PSI makes the car feel.

That drop happens in Map 1 or 6, in D, S or manual mode. Not sure of root cause, but whenever I am moving, and accelerate I get pulses in power. Picked up a CTS Turbo Inlet pipe, and when I install it Sunday I am going to redo all the Neuspeed connections in case I have a small leak which rears its head under high boost situations. Maybe the turbo muffler delete o-ring is not seated right or something...

Here is a standard Map 6 run from that morning which shows a similar drop.

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
I really hope it is not my DSG slipping already! :eek:

Targets on that run were:
Fuel Open Loop: 40
1500 0
2000 2
2500 3
3000 4
3500 4
4000 4
4500 4
5000 4.6
5500 5
6000 5
6500 4
7000 3

Here is a standard Map 6 run from that morning which shows a similar drop.

So even on those low settings youre still having issues? That doesnt sound good. In my opionion, this looks like clutch slippage too. At the 125 mark you have a big throttle closure (boost drops well below ECU target) and your RPMs shoot up like your car makes 900hp....which Im sure it doesnt. So I think your car is freaking out a little bit and your clutches are slipping. You should run map0 and see how things look on stock boost levels.

B95zP

Ready to race!
So even on those low settings youre still having issues? That doesnt sound good. In my opionion, this looks like clutch slippage too. At the 125 mark you have a big throttle closure (boost drops well below ECU target) and your RPMs shoot up like your car makes 900hp....which Im sure it doesnt. So I think your car is freaking out a little bit and your clutches are slipping. You should run map0 and see how things look on stock boost levels.

hrm I would hate to think my 7500 mile DSG is already slipping! Good idea on Map 0, will try that today.

B95zP

Ready to race!
Wouldn't hurt to leave JB1 as is and put on the stock pipe and retry as well.

If you mean uninstall the Neuspeed pipe....:( Such a royal PITA to install!

I do not recall if the Neuspeed pipe was pre or post JB1, but that damn pipe has been a POS since day 1. So perhaps I should. heh

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
If you mean uninstall the Neuspeed pipe....:( Such a royal PITA to install!

I do not recall if the Neuspeed pipe was pre or post JB1, but that damn pipe has been a POS since day 1. So perhaps I should. heh
Been on JB1 Map 1 and Neuspeed DP for like 10k miles and car runs great, even in 100 degree weather. But I do run 93 octane. What probs were u having with DP?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Been on JB1 Map 1 and Neuspeed DP for like 10k miles and car runs great, even in 100 degree weather. But I do run 93 octane. What probs were u having with DP?

He has an APR DP, the Neuspeed is the turbo discharge pipe. I didn't realize they were that difficult to install, but if it's a POS why keep running it? Sorry, I should have clarified above to uninstall the turbo discharge pipe.

B95zP

Ready to race!
He has an APR DP, the Neuspeed is the turbo discharge pipe. I didn't realize they were that difficult to install, but if it's a POS why keep running it? Sorry, I should have clarified above to uninstall the turbo discharge pipe.

I do not want to derail the convo away from JB1, but my Neuspeed pipe has crap build quality which they refuse to recognize. So it rubs on the stock airbox. It was probably more of a pain to install then, compared to now, as I was new to car. For example, based on Neuspeed's directions, I did not remove the battery which would have made it a lot easier.