GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Golf R wheels for sale

15Rohio

Hello everyone,
I am looking at possibly selling my 19 inch wheels and tires, they are off of a 2015 Golf R. The roads around me are not the best condition and I am looking for a different wheel combination. I am wanting to get some ideas to what I can get for these and get some offers. I am willing to sell the wheels without the tires. Three out of the 4 wheels are in mint condition, one wheel has a very tiny amount of curb rash, I would say about an inch long. Let me know what you think and I can answer any question you may have. The wheels and tires have less than 900 miles on them, I have only had the car less than 2 months. Thanks

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Since you posted this in the classifieds, you are supposed have an asking price listed.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
For those without tires, I'd say a good starting point for just the wheels is like $1000. Hope that helps. Wasn't trying to be a douche, but saying your open to offers is hard for some people to know what's within reason for what'd you'd consider.

15Rohio

For those without tires, I'd say a good starting point for just the wheels is like $1000. Hope that helps. Wasn't trying to be a douche, but saying your open to offers is hard for some people to know what's within reason for what'd you'd consider.

Thank you for the feedback, I could use all the help I can get since this is my first VW and not being very familiar with the cars. I have always been an American muscle type of guy so this is a change.
I was told by another member that these wheels should sell for around 1500-1600, I think this is a good starting point. I found them on ecs tuning for 850 a wheel, obviously that is a lot for these and that's why I think 1600 is a fair price. Please let me know your thoughts.

carterruss

Ready to race!
You can buy them new on deutscheautoparts.com for $571.34. So $2285 for all 4. Drop it down about $100-200 for the blemish. Knock it down for being an OE wheel that will start to pop up in the classifieds a lot. $1600 is probably a good starting point. I'd say your sale price won't be that high though. I just don't think many people find the R wheels that appealing.

Most people seem to sell the Austins for $600-800 (w/o tires) for reference.

D.Brown

Yup. I sold my Austin's for $800 without tires and wouldn't dream of ever paying $1600 for a set of OEM wheels. I'd rather pay $2200 and get some BBS CH-R's.

nboard11

Could you post a pic with the rash one. I have a TDI for the economy of it but wish I had an R for the fun of it. Might consider buying, where are you?

nboard11

BTW I think they're worth a lot more than the gti wheels because there are a lot less avaliable and they're much more "grown up".

15Rohio

You can buy them new on deutscheautoparts.com for $571.34. So $2285 for all 4. Drop it down about $100-200 for the blemish. Knock it down for being an OE wheel that will start to pop up in the classifieds a lot. $1600 is probably a good starting point. I'd say your sale price won't be that high though. I just don't think many people find the R wheels that appealing.

Most people seem to sell the Austins for $600-800 (w/o tires) for reference.

I agree with you and think 1600 is a good place to start. The new wheels for 2200 also do not come with tires which is another 1k so that is something I am also taking into consideration.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Yup. I sold my Austin's for $800 without tires and wouldn't dream of ever paying $1600 for a set of OEM wheels. I'd rather pay $2200 and get some BBS CH-R's.

See this is the issue you run into when pricing them much over $1000. People can get a nice set aftermarket rims for less than $1000 and have cash left over for new tires too if their budget is $1600. They just don't want to pay a ton of money for factory rims, even if they are from an R. Realistically I don't think you'll get more than about $1200. If you're lucky to pocket that much if you ship them after shipping costs. You could always try selling separately to those who have damaged their rims and want just 1 rim to replace. Either way good luck and welcome to the VW world.

15Rohio

See this is the issue you run into when pricing them much over $1000. People can get a nice set aftermarket rims for less than $1000 and have cash left over for new tires too if their budget is $1600. They just don't want to pay a ton of money for factory rims, even if they are from an R. Realistically I don't think you'll get more than about $1200. If you're lucky to pocket that much if you ship them after shipping costs. You could always try selling separately to those who have damaged their rims and want just 1 rim to replace. Either way good luck and welcome to the VW world.

I absolutely agree with you and have thought of that which is why I think I might take offers and if they do not sell for a goo amount I will keep them as winter wheels and use the tires on another set of wheels. Can you give me some ideas of good quality wheels that are around the 1500 range, also do you think the ride quality will be affected if I stay with a 19 inch wheel apprised to an 18 inch.

carterruss

Ready to race!
I absolutely agree with you and have thought of that which is why I think I might take offers and if they do not sell for a goo amount I will keep them as winter wheels and use the tires on another set of wheels. Can you give me some ideas of good quality wheels that are around the 1500 range, also do you think the ride quality will be affected if I stay with a 19 inch wheel apprised to an 18 inch.

I would say sell the R wheels and pick up some older OE GTI 18s for winter wheels. You probably can find some for $400.

Personally I would go with 18s but a lot of people run 19s with no issue. All preference, typical road conditions, etc. I think the 19" S3 wheels look really sharp on the MK7. (Reference: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=121182&postcount=949)

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

I'd look at VMR, Neuspeed, or maybe a used set of BBS? There are alot of nice rims out there. But I agree with carterruss down there, I'd say still sell the R rims and get some GTI rims or something for winter. The 19s would probably not be ideal for snow and really bumpy roads. I live in California and almost never deal with anything more than rain except when we got to Tahoe. For that I usually drive my Audi Q5 and it has no problems.

I would say sell the R wheels and pick up some older OE GTI 18s for winter wheels. You probably can find some for $400.

Personally I would go with 18s but a lot of people run 19s with no issue. All preference, typical road conditions, etc. I think the 19" S3 wheels look really sharp on the MK7. (Reference: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=121182&postcount=949)

TooManyHobbies

Ready to race!

Anyone else welcome to mine RIGHT NOW for 1200. I hate them, I think they're the worst part of the car. should have come with 18's IMO