GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf r turbo failure

FURIOUSGTI

Banned
I bought mine on March 27th. The day after it was delivered to the dealership. I'll have to check my production date. Isn't that with the VIN on the drivers door panel?
My car was delivered to the dealer, next day I bought it, but the production date was 2 months old 2/15. Thanks VW for intsalling 722G in my car. :)

Hawkeye1

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys,
I have APR Stage 1, but don't know which version of the turbo is installed. It's a U.S. car, purchased in March, the day after it showed up on the dealer's lot. How do I verify the turbo type? Thanks.

Sailor737

Ready to race!
I'm interested in finding out which Turbo I have as well. Want to make sure it's not a faulty one before I go and get it tunes to stage 2.

ksabljar

If you have this number don t worry :)

New Ea888 Gen 3 turbo part numbers are out:

06K 145 722 G - MK7 Golf GTI
06K 145 722 H - MK7 Golf R

HIpsi

I just shipped the car to Dubai. There is a German tuner he is one of the best. I am going to stage 4 500hp all German parts. Simon Motorsport Dubai. It will be the first car with this set up. I will send up date with the Dino sheet

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
It's 702n

Sorry to hear that OP, 702 N is the second turbo version on the R; these were known to fail on stock cars and your dealer knows this. Your car however was tuned so VW will most certainly not honor the warranty. My guess is yours was going to fail at some point; and the tune has just accelerated the failure.

At this stage, I recommend that your dealer checks for debris in the engine just to make sure you do not need an engine replacement, and if all goes well, you should consider an aftermarket turbo from TTE or the likes, might be even cheaper than the OEM replacement...

Just for reference these are the turbo versions on the golf R:

06K 145 702 J
06K 145 702 N
06K 145 722 A
06K 145 722 H

RedHotVAG

Ready to race!
My friend just get he's r with 1000km and the same thing happiness.the turbo fan brak from the model
Hey OP so I guess you're saying you flashed to stock first before bringing it to the dealer, they plugged it in, saw nothing and decided to send your ECU or data log to Germany?

Toxic R

Passed Driver's Ed
I just shipped the car to Dubai. There is a German tuner he is one of the best. I am going to stage 4 500hp all German parts. Simon Motorsport Dubai. It will be the first car with this set up. I will send up date with the Dino sheet

Watch out for DSG clutch slippage.

All the best

HIpsi

Nothing I can do now with the delar.i decide to spend around 12,000usd to get the car back. 1-full ipe exhaust with down pipe 2-beg inter cooler 3-Arma Carbon Fiber Air Intak 4-turbo. Dino tuning on 95 octane.

Demon tweaked

Passed Driver's Ed
it seems to be a very 50-50 situation, i have heard of some guys that have flashed to stock after having their turbo blows but the online system didnt pick up anything. I dont quite understand why it would be different from dealer to dealer unless it has something to do with your flash count?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
it seems to be a very 50-50 situation, i have heard of some guys that have flashed to stock after having their turbo blows but the online system didnt pick up anything. I dont quite understand why it would be different from dealer to dealer unless it has something to do with your flash count?

I think it depends on what the dealer does in terms of the "online" system. In most cases they do not run the full test that sends the info over to the main server which is very time consuming as it takes up to 15min according to people I have spoken too. This is quite a bit of data transfer.
In most cases I think dealers do not do the online things and people think they got away with it. The ones that they do are not so lucky.

bassinjl

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm still thinking about going apr, priority vw swears it doesn't void the warranty since there an apr dealer but doesn't it come down to vw if it's covered or not?