Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Only mk7.5 people will understand...

What do I need and where do I get em?

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
While the ‘15 & ‘16 had these little plastic covers from the factory and I could not stand the look of the ugly mirror screws when I opened the door on my ‘17 I got them ordered at my local dealership.

Part # for driver side 5G0-837-097-A-9B9
Part # for passenger side 5G0-837-098-A-9B9

You looking at ~$12 for each cover.

I had to remove the plastic rivet from the cover (just slides out) and cut off one little alignment guide pin -> so that the cover is flush for the MY17.
Added some 3M automotive double sided tape (the small blue is OE) and stick them on the door!

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
I think the left button does both and the right button only does the right side. That's why its pointing to the right instead of all around.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

buccad

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobahn
Any idea why the symbol on the driver's side light is different then the passenger side? They're identical on the non-illuminated 2018 version.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The driver’s side button turns on all the dome lights in the car, front and back. The passenger side button just turns on that reading light

vert1go749

Any idea why the symbol on the driver's side light is different then the passenger side? They're identical on the non-illuminated 2018 version.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

^^what everyone else said. It seems like the pre-2018 buttons operate differently from the 2018 non-backlit ones, which is why the icons are different.

Originally, my 2018 driver side map light button activated only the light pointing at the driver, now that button activates all interior lights.

Intred

While the ‘15 & ‘16 had these little plastic covers from the factory and I could not stand the look of the ugly mirror screws when I opened the door on my ‘17 I got them ordered at my local dealership.

Part # for driver side 5G0-837-097-A-9B9
Part # for passenger side 5G0-837-098-A-9B9

You looking at ~$12 for each cover.

I had to remove the plastic rivet from the cover (just slides out) and cut off one little alignment guide pin -> so that the cover is flush for the MY17.
Added some 3M automotive double sided tape (the small blue is OE) and stick them on the door!

Thanks for the tip, ordered the parts through your part numbers for my golf gti 2016

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Never really liked the 12 volt outlet in the center console.

So I upgraded it to a black aluminum twin QC3.0 USB charge outlet included blue LED voltmeter to match my blue footwell lights :)

I may just need to do this. Got a link from where you bought it from? Also and more importantly, do they have a red LED version?

Edit: Nevermind, found it :D

Last edited:

Evil Minion

Ready to race!