GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

Jodore

Hi,

I have been debating between various spring options for a while and finally went for the DG springs. My new new ride height is approx 348mm (FTC) vs a stock height of 368mm. Very happy with the DG! I feel a noticeable reduction in body roll and comfort is almost identical to the stock suspension. I drive a 2018 GTI Autobahn, 4 doors, DSG.

I created a table with data I gathered from various post and info received directly from some users. I was trying to figured out the average drop for different springs compare to an average stock height. Have a look at the attached file. All number in black are actual values and data in red is an average base conversion so all input would show data point for both FTC and FTG ground measurements.

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Springs.pdf
    51.5 KB · Views: 424

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed these the other day, DG Springs on a DSG. I've only driven them about 30-40 miles so far and I'm happy with the results. After having them on my 2016 Golf I knew these would be the right choice for me for ride quality and daily use.

Last edited:

werkaholik

Installed these two days ago on my 2018 Autobahn 6MT. Rear went down about 20mm from 368 to 348 ftc, fronts are down about 15mm to 353ish but expect they’ll come down a bit more with time. Initial driving impressions are in line with what others have said, rides very close to stock but maybe 10% or 15% stiffer and a bit less up and down movement. Very happy so far, thanks to everyone who’s contributed to this thread! Snapped a quick pic this morning, sorry it’s not the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I don’t know what it is but the 7.5 cars seem lower on these.

Rockstar08

Ready to race!
Can I ask you guys where is the best place to buy the DG Springs please for the best price? I have a 2019 Rabbit Edition and these are the springs I will be buying only, thanks!
This is a perfect drop for the car not too much and I will be staying with the factory shocks since the car is brand new.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Can I ask you guys where is the best place to buy the DG Springs please for the best price? I have a 2019 Rabbit Edition and these are the springs I will be buying only, thanks!
This is a perfect drop for the car not too much and I will be staying with the factory shocks since the car is brand new.

I bought from the dealership. They may say that they won’t fit your GTI, but they do.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie

I recently put DG springs on my Mk7.5 and when I was calling dealership I gave them the part number and was able to haggle the price down a bit just by mentioning I could get it from Deutche Auto Parts for a pretty good price. They are more flexible in the pricing than you would think. Will post pictures of ride after, don't have great pictures of before.

Rockstar08

Ready to race!
Thanks guys I figured I would have to buy from a dealership and wait for when they run a 20-25% off parts deal..lol.. But that's some good info about letting them know I can get online cheaper, it does seem dealership parts dept want the business so they will haggle to earn it!

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Thanks guys I figured I would have to buy from a dealership and wait for when they run a 20-25% off parts deal..lol.. But that's some good info about letting them know I can get online cheaper, it does seem dealership parts dept want the business so they will haggle to earn it!
If you can get a deal from the dealer that would probably be the best option. Another option os getting them from eBay with a 15% off coupon when they come up.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/302967340645

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

Just get them from DAP.

DAP is a pretty good resource for DIY videos and maintenance kits.

I’d rather give them money over a stealership.