Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Traded my Austins for Talladegas

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438670170.721209.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion

Sent from my iPhone 2 using Tapatalk
Very clean setup [emoji106] have you thought about doing a roof wrap?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
Very clean setup [emoji106] have you thought about doing a roof wrap?

Thanks the rear needs a 8mm spacer, because imo thats no way flush :p, yes i have, my old mk6 was wrapped with satin, however with this im thinking gloss to match the front of course :). Im not in a rush to do that yet, but its on the back of my mind.

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
Spacers for sure. Specs again, I forget... on yours? I wanted to go 235s w my tires, but a bit too close without rolling my fenders on et 45s I think.

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
4" polished tips and resonator to quite it down. Wish the shop had "brushed" instead.

Quick pick. These feel much lighter than the OEMs. And the rear definitely needs a 8mm spacer. Specs are 18x8.5 et45

Sent from my iPhone 2 using Tapatalk

Looks great.

What size tires did you go with for the 8.5" wide wheels?

Also, could you take a close-up photo of the wheel when you have the time. Thanks in advance.

petroglyphix

Ready to race!
Installed:

deAutoKey trunk ("boot" lol) LED strip. Verdict: sort of a pain and the adhesive will not last, but I do enjoy the "red rum" look of it.

deAutoKey color changing footwell LEDs. Verdict: the range on the remote seems to be limited, but the rainbow strobe feature is neat! All-around pleased with the red light tying into the scuff plate and door accents.

deAutoKey license plate LEDs and LED brake/turn signal bulbs. Verdict: loving the fresh look of the license plate and the extra light available whilst backing up in the nighttime. As for the LED brake lights, they light up slightly faster? So that's cool and I suppose a bit safer. Not a radical difference in brightness that my eyes could discern. Below is an image of the license plate bulb difference between stock halogen and DeAutoKey's LED replacement.

Installed a glovebox LED which was, oddly enough, the most difficult one. Didn't take a picture because it's the glovebox. Bright as all hell though.

I also installed deAutoKey LED reverse lights however my right bulb came D.O.A and also trips an error code (plugged it into both the left and the right and caused a code in each respective housing). So I'll be getting ahold of the folks over there tomorrow, unless they see this first, holla at me deAutoKey!

Even with the couple issues I encountered (dead reverse light bulb from the box and weak LED strip adhesive) I'd recommend deAutoKey products for a visual refresh. 8.5/10

And dis. U.S. Millworks plate mount. Verdict: exceptional quality and worth every penny if you're looking to avoid holes in the bumper. Simple install and I'm confident it will remain where I've positioned it. 9.9/10

Last edited:

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Treated mine to some new Bosch wipers. Massive improvement on the originals

Can you post a link and/or pics, or at least let me know what the part #'s are, because I went 2 weeks ago to put new blades on and I went to three different places, checked online, etc, and here in the U.S. I could only find one quality brand, but Bosch said that nothing had been allotted for the 2015 golf/gti yet....Id really rather have them so if you can help a brotha out [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk