GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Miguel1

Ready to race!
With the Koni shocks you mean? I contacted Koni and they will not recommend pairing the FSD with "race" springs such as VWR. They said to pair it with stock or something "mild" such as Eibach pro or "similar".
Yes I meant the Koni shocks, sorry. Guess I'll go VWR for a bit then sell them down the road. Is the difference night and day in terms of comfort?

Z27

Ready to race!
Yes I meant the Koni shocks, sorry. Guess I'll go VWR for a bit then sell them down the road. Is the difference night and day in terms of comfort?

In terms of comfort - I would say yes. My wife seems to agree also. I wouldn't expect an SUV ride but for a lowered car, it's damn great.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
So here's the brake calipers and a shot of the wheels on my car - which now looks like most of the stock cars with VWR springs haha. The "imperfections" in the powder coating near the top happened during the test fit - luckily you can't really see it once the pad pins are in. The last shot it at my friends euro-scrapyard when we took the calipers off the Boxster S using a forklift haha.

Like the recovery picture. Show us final product once on.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
10k milestone 8 months in ownership

ommoran

Ready to race!
Picked it up after a month of being under repair. I hit a rock on April 20, following a line of CUVs that all made it over the thing, and their body / shado obscured it until it was too late. I hit the rock at about 35 km/h. Fortunately, mostly mechanical bits. The car was only a month old.:(

WP_20150420_09_17_09_Pro.jpg
That bugger of a rock! It's about the size of a nerf football.

WP_20150420_09_34_48_Pro.jpg
After a short limp, my poor baby bled out while waiting for a tow. Yup, cracked the plastic oil pan!

WP_20150420_16_47_04_Pro.jpg
The only body damage - but it required replacement of the front clip. Shop did a great job.

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Picked it up after a month of being under repair. I hit a rock on April 20, following a line of CUVs that all made it over the thing, and their body / shado obscured it until it was too late. I hit the rock at about 35 km/h. Fortunately, mostly mechanical bits. The car was only a month old.:(

View attachment 5132
That bugger of a rock! It's about the size of a nerf football.

View attachment 5133
After a short limp, my poor baby bled out while waiting for a tow. Yup, cracked the plastic oil pan!

View attachment 5134
The only body damage - but it required replacement of the front clip. Shop did a great job.

What oil pan did you install? There are metal ones on market.

Craigles

Passed Driver's Ed
Getting 35% Nano Ceramic on tint right now i'll post more pics in a bit. Tint Works, Burlington, Ma
( Edit: He did the Small A Pillar Windows too..)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thez99

Go Kart Champion

Murdoc

Just bought it, receive it next week. Pearl White TSI w/ Shetland Interior. All I need is a vinyl wrap for the roof and I'll be happy ... for now.