GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3dr GTD DSG in Tungsten Silver

GC854

Ready to race!
Good news and very occasionally it's good to be Scottish and not English :)

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I really like that Tungsten Silver, the black trims set it off really well. I hope your car has met your expectations today. I know mine certainly did. You have been very very lucky with the lead time. 2 Months is fast !!!. I waited almost 4.5 months for mine.

Don't bother with the destruction book, just drive the beast !!

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Got myself a GTD!

The long awaited day has finally arrived along with torrential rain, not the best day for picking up your car if you wish to have frequent pitstops to admire it from outside! I took a couple of pictures in-between downpours… favourite feature of the day the AC to combat the stickiness!

Arrived and I was swiftly taken into a room at the rear of the showroom, there it was covered in a big blue cover that said ‘I’m ready to go home!’ down one side. The dealer cranked up the suspense by making me sign stuff and read through what seemed like piles of paperwork. Then like a magian pulling a rabbit from a hat he whipped it away in one swift motion reviling my Tungsten Silver beauty.. I will get better pictures when it’s not raining, I love it!!!

GTD FP.jpg
Decide to park next to a MK6 GTD!

GTD RP.jpg
Wasn't raining here... ended up taking my misses shopping!?!

I’ve driven A,B's and Motorway’s today. I even tested my dreaded local oneway system that turned out to be totally stress free thanks to the DSG and Hold Assist! When did rush hour become so enjoyable?

Don't bother with the destruction book, just drive the beast !!
I’ve stopped for the evening as the ‘destruction book’ is baffling my head.. why is it so complicated, don’t understand any of it up to now! Lesson of the day is I need to stop touching the gear leaver and pushing it in to ’N’... it stops the car a treat, luckily I’ve only done it 4-5 times when going slow!!! (Not used to automatics!)

Last edited:

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Button bashing in the GTD!

I’ve had chance today to attempt to man myself into some kind of workable understanding for the Golf’s systems. Obviously referring to the manual wasn’t a favoured option, even when I’ve been forced into consultation it has provide very little assistance, think I need a flow chart or more pictures!?!

First thing to tackle is Discovery Pro. I now have music, radio and other less traditional forms of entertainment in my car! It’s been a while with the old car (fading fast from memory!) having nothing for about 6 years! If I ever get bored of the sounds ‘Sport Mode’ combined with sport and sound package deliver I might just be in danger of having a musical renascence! I’m nowhere near an understanding of the Discover PRO it’s very confusing I’m used to Apple Mac and I’m going to have to start digging on the forum for advice on album art, DAB stations and SDHC cards!

Coming from nothing to the Dynoaudio is pretty amazing, the sound is great even when cranked up like a teenager… The subwoofer in the spare wheel gives a good thud, might have to lay off Talk Sport to appreciate it more! Cosmetically it’s a shame the other speakers weren’t treated to the same chrome surround and logo as the tweeters mounted at the front! Love the way you can drag your finger over a image of the cabin to pin point where you want (driver seat) the sound to be optimised!

IMG_2580.JPG

Subwoofer in the space saver wheel!

IMG_2581.JPG

Yes that display is K.I.T.T. from knight rider! I uploaded that and a flux capacitor for childish amusement! Not sure why there’s an option to display a photo slideshow seems a little distracting, you can also play DVD’s where’s my Smokey and the Bandit?

I’ve been driving again not just pressing stuff… Wanted to tackle the Adaptive cruise control. This I’m glad to reveal was a success, time will make my button selection more instinctive but it’s great! At first it can be a little unnerving, especially when the car in front turns off or passing cyclist! But when you first come to a complete stop followed by setting off at the lights whilst following the car in front, (in fact all you have to do is steer!) you’re sold on it! Wish I’d got lane assist now for a feet up leisurely ride, might dig out the black leather jacket Michael Knight style!

Keyless entry is breaking me… unlocking is fine, but I’m doing something wrong when it comes to locking it! The effort of putting my hand in my pocket and pressing the button is exhausting, something to do with SAFELOCK… but what?

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
I've been clueless about keyless!

I've spent the first few days of ownership with a 50% success rate when locking the door via the keyless function, time to break out the beers as I’ve finally cracked it! I know… how hard can it be locking a door, but I didn’t get the option to stand about poking my door handle in the car park even after a few seconds it just looks odd!
Just touch the little dimple on the door handle to lock the car.
Not quite so straight forward Avanti, but hardly complicated you must have been a natural!
Keyless.jpg
My mistake was not always touching the inside of the handle upon locking and merely poking at the little dimple!

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
The 1st time I saw a Golf with keyless at the showroom the salesman had shown me, I slide my finger across the dimple, but it does work with just a touch, also of the windows or sunroof is open and you touch and hold the windows and sunroof will close.

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Enjoying every minute!

Looking good! I hope you are enjoying it!

I'm considering ordering a Tungsten Silver GTI. Nice to see some photo's, hardly any GTI or GTD's around in that colour!

Thanks Mac… Yes really enjoying although I'm still running it in. Think I’ll start putting my foot down and increase the enjoyment at around 600 miles… got a decent trip next week so that should get me into the sweet spot!

I can do nothing but recommend Tungsten Silver as a colour, easy to live with and in the flesh looks great, even more so on a GTI think the red line and larger PP calipers suit the colour well… #goteamtungsten

GTD.jpg
For Arthur Mac… what’s to consider!

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Keyless: 100% Success....

Unlock - Grab the handle and pull
Lock - keeping your hand flat touch the dimple with your finger tips

Nooooooo You've fitted mud flaps. In my opinion mud flaps come a close second to furry dice in the "10 ten things you shouldn't add to your car"

Last edited:

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to club GTD :D:D:D:D

I'm sure you will enjoy. When I got my GTD I decided to take it steady for the first 1000 miles.

But now I drive it how I like, when I like. I leave mine mainly in normal, but, when I switch it to sport I laugh like a little kid :eek::eek:. I think the sharper throttle and sound is great!! Not sure it makes and difference just adds to the fun, I guess.

As for the colour, its a personal choice. I think the colour is a bit of a grower. The more I look at it the more I start to like.

I think my GTD looks great in Pure White. I think next time the colour choices will either be the same again, or Carbon Grey or Limestone.