GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

B95zP

Ready to race!
And that's not to say that in a dream land you wouldn't want BBS wheels, or Rays, or HRE, or whatever, but for a lot of people that's not accessible.

Luckily this isn't the "Lightweight Monoblock JDM" Wheels thread, and there shouldn't be a negative stigma on replica/flow formed wheels. If it's a brand name that supports their products and has been around more than a few days, its all good. I would be cautious of new brands with long warranties though.

Man I'd love a set of Rays ZE40s, but yeaaa that pricetag. :(

but if it was, here is my contribution:

these are sitting in storage as i'm running 17" rse05 for the time being, not sure how long this will go on for though

RSe05s are a surprisingly good looking wheel on MK7s. I've never been much of a fan of 5 spokes, but they changed my mind.

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
But Ray's is still something you can brag about because branding is everything these days.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I know this is said tongue in cheek but my reasoning behind wanting Ray's/Volk wheels is when push comes to shove, and everything is out of my hands as bad shit is happening, I don't want to add a detriment to my cause because I wanted to save a few bucks.

I am not Captain Blowhard or SuperSafetyAwarenessMan but there's times where things go wrong and it is out of your control. I also understand that these instances do not happen all that often so that's why I don't throw shade to people who use reps or will choose a wheel based on looks instead of strength.

I know I drive pretty hard and I don't want to be laid up in a hospital bed/in a casket because of some dollars. You can't put a price on peace of mind. It does surprise me about this community that people will drop big bucks on overpriced mods and justify it ten million different ways and then turn around and cheap out on the things that literally contact the road, and it's not just this community. It's almost a carguy/gal thing to spend big on wheels and cheap out on tires, but then have the uberhypermegasuper carbon fiber intake that was $600 lmao.

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Man I'd love a set of Rays ZE40s, but yeaaa that pricetag. :(

A hard price tag to swallow but oh so worth it

I'll be putting them back on for the summer probably late this week, early next week.

I need some non-fishbowl pics lol. I forgot that I didn't have tint yet in this pics.

Also I don't have my centercaps in on these pics either.

And the car is dirty, and I need to adjust some shit so the car looks white not white yellow lol

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
A hard price tag to swallow but oh so worth it

I'll be putting them back on for the summer probably late this week, early next week.

I need some non-fishbowl pics lol. I forgot that I didn't have tint yet in this pics.

Also I don't have my centercaps in on these pics either.

And the car is dirty, and I need to adjust some shit so the car looks white not white yellow lol

So much win! So worth it. Love the wheels.
You just need to resize the pics. They're huge.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Here you go my man, whiter and tighter.

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
So much win! So worth it. Love the wheels.
You just need to resize the pics. They're huge.
Absolutely, honestly, I should just attach them so they auto resize thumbnails, but I'm lazy lol. Plus it's good for at least one person complaining when they quote me like 5 months from now and being all "It's 2018 and people are still quoting pics?" :D

This place lacks good smilies too. How am I supposed to express myself? Besides the letters and words that is. Have any track time lined up with the is38 setup?
Here you go my man, whiter and tighter.

^__^

One of these days I'll wash both mine and the wife's car and we can do supergay his/hers pics.

It'll be fabulous.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Absolutely, honestly, I should just attach them so they auto resize thumbnails, but I'm lazy lol. Plus it's good for at least one person complaining when they quote me like 5 months from now and being all "It's 2018 and people are still quoting pics?" :D

This place lacks good smilies too. How am I supposed to express myself? Besides the letters and words that is. Have any track time lined up with the is38 setup?

^__^

One of these days I'll wash both mine and the wife's car and we can do supergay his/hers pics.

It'll be fabulous.

Please don't be this guy

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 1,522

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Please don't be this guy

Jesus fuck no. I'd rather be stabbed to death with a rusty spork than have anything to do with that picture.

There's nothing about that pic that's ok. Nothing.

Attached is her's with bronze OZ Ultraleggera's.

Someone needs to slap the shit out of those kids.

Attachments

• 66666.jpg
    66666.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,514

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Have any track time lined up with the is38 setup?

Nothing yet. I'm looking into an oil cooler ATM.

Also looking to possibly run The Devil in the Dark 12 hour race with SCCA in the fall. Obviously not in the GTI.

apiasto

Another Bathurst setup:

18x8.5 +42
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 235/40/18

I switched mine up a little though. More pictures planned once I get it cleaned again (and some time to dust off my DSLR)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Another Bathurst setup:

18x8.5 +42
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 235/40/18

I switched mine up a little though. More pictures planned once I get it cleaned again (and some time to dust off my DSLR)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Powder coat?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
The Bathurst is quickly starting to become the front-runner in my wheel search...