GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Those dont even look that good and get the gram light version of that wheel for half the price.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I gladly deal with that nightmare :eek:

I suppose if I could afford a set of those, I could probably afford to pay a professional to clean and ceramic coat them haha

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Not bad, but not lightweight.

Pretorias are 21lbs [emoji1][emoji1]

I guess it really comes down to how much you are willing to pay for 19" light weight wheels. For a quality set of 4 wheels the VWRs look nice!

I'd prefer to have lighter wheels on a budget so I'll be rockin 17's when the time comes. City streets already took out one tire and 18" OEM wheel :(

DAS_STIG

Banned

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Wish they were 17x8.5

BLem7

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess it really comes down to how much you are willing to pay for 19" light weight wheels. For a quality set of 4 wheels the VWRs look nice!

I'd prefer to have lighter wheels on a budget so I'll be rockin 17's when the time comes. City streets already took out one tire and 18" OEM wheel :(
Well if the 305Forged FT101 mentioned above are 18lbs, they are running a spring sale for 20% off.

A set of 4 would be $800 (plus $75 for shipping) which is, relatively, really inexpensive for such light wheels. Only "downsides" are that they are flow formed instead of forged and 8" not 8.5".

Seems like a reasonable trade off for a 1k difference

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Well if the 305Forged FT101 mentioned above are 18lbs, they are running a spring sale for 20% off.

A set of 4 would be $800 (plus $75 for shipping) which is, relatively, really inexpensive for such light wheels. Only "downsides" are that they are flow formed instead of forged and 8" not 8.5".

Seems like a reasonable trade off for a 1k difference

Or you can get some konig wheels for cheaper and a much more well known name brand.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
^^ also a good option

If you're going for 18s, get 18x8.5 et45'ish. Then you will not need a spacer up front if you want to go flush, and you can put the extra tread width of 245/40 tires to use.