GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Folding mirrors in when locked

bannii

Hi, i've being lurking around lately, and hope you guys can help me.
Picked up my new SE today, and can't figure out how to get the wingmirrors to fold in when locked,

can anyone help a noob out?

Cheers

Danny

CEBER

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, i've being lurking around lately, and hope you guys can help me.
Picked up my new SE today, and can't figure out how to get the wingmirrors to fold in when locked,

can anyone help a noob out?

Cheers

Danny
there,s a knob on the drivers door by the handle, turn it till its on the little pic of mirror just next to "r"

burso

Ready to race!
SE doesn't have such feature, you have to add the Mirror pack. I think it was about £80 when I ordered mine, worth the money in my opinion.

tubbs

Passed Driver's Ed
Picking up the car on the 1st. It's gonna be parked in the garage so the mirrors need to remain folded even when the car is unlocked again. If you move the knob to the mirror symbol before turning off the engine will it will remain folded? Last thing I want is them to open against the wall when I start the ignition!!!

Last edited:

Stripey

Ready to race!
How will you get in or out of the car if you're so close to the wall that the mirrors need to be folded in?!

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Picking up the car on the 1st. It's gonna be parked in the garage so the mirrors need to remain folded even when the car is unlocked again. If you move the knob to the mirror symbol before turning off the engine will it will remain folded? Last thing I want is them to open against the wall when I start the ignition!!!

Yes they will remain folded ( unless of course you have set to auto fold on engine turn off / park via the infotainment screen settings )

I just use the mirror fold knob before entering garage and again once out of garage to unfold