GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alright, when will MK 7 really be stateside?!

.:R32AtuB.

vw pride never stops baby
Well, At least we can hope they get any of the kinks in the armor worked out b4 it arrives state side. Only bright side to the situation I can see.

Never works that way though, 06 mkv had a boat load of issues, and im not sure about mk6. but it is always good to be optomistic

Hooklyn

Banned
Never works that way though, 06 mkv had a boat load of issues, and im not sure about mk6. but it is always good to be optomistic

I had owned a 2006 MKV GTI and now 2010 (first year) MKVI GTI. I didn't/don't have 'boat loads of issues' you are referring to.

Though I did hear stories my VERY early build (10/05) MKV GTI was as reliable as one would expect. Not perfect (it is a VW) but was acceptable enough for me to buy another subsequent GTI.

The 'major kink' in the MKV GTI was that it was the first use of the 2.0T FSI motor which was the first production engine EVER to employ BOTH direct injection and forced induction in a single application. NOW, when they made the switch to the badged 'TSI' motor for 2008.5, they worked those things out. This new 2.0T will just be a further advancement of that.

It should, in theory, only get better the more time they spend on it.

.:R32AtuB.

vw pride never stops baby
I had owned a 2006 MKV GTI and now 2010 (first year) MKVI GTI. I didn't/don't have 'boat loads of issues' you are referring to.

Though I did hear stories my VERY early build (10/05) MKV GTI was as reliable as one would expect. Not perfect (it is a VW) but was acceptable enough for me to buy another subsequent GTI.

The 'major kink' in the MKV GTI was that it was the first use of the 2.0T FSI motor which was the first production engine EVER to employ BOTH direct injection and forced induction in a single application. NOW, when they made the switch to the badged 'TSI' motor for 2008.5, they worked those things out. This new 2.0T will just be a further advancement of that.

thats what i thought i read on a C&D comments page, with the whole point of the engine and what not. ive heard that someone had issues with their 06 that the dealer gave them an 07. and that was the only thing i was reffering to. my bad,,, I didnt mean to offend and I actually agree with your last statement of the longer it takes to arrive the beter it will be

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'll agree, from the sounds of it, this 3rd generation EA888 engine is going to be awesome

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion

Not boo for me. Im liking the possiblity of the GTD at some point! Its about time we had the choice for that in the US. I will be testing one here in Germany when it and the GTI are available. I might just order a US model GTD if they plan on selling it in the US.
Best of both worlds, performance and economy!

Hooklyn

Banned
Not boo for me. Im liking the possiblity of the GTD at some point! Its about time we had the choice for that in the US. I will be testing one here in Germany when it and the GTI are available. I might just order a US model GTD if they plan on selling it in the US.
Best of both worlds, performance and economy!

I was booing the pushed back release date of the MKVII. I agree the GTD, with the rumored 190hp/280lb-ft 2.0TDI would be very good. I would easily consider that as a GTI replacement that I currently own.

MKV Aaron2

I had a 2006 MKV GTI DSG and I had a lot of issues when I traded it in at 48k miles. Tons of suspension noises that they couldn't pinpoint, complete A/C failure, creaks, rattles also plagued them initially, DV, PCV valve, etc.

It wouldn't stop me from buying a first year car model though.

My MKV TSI has had 1 issue, intake manifold and cost me $250 out of warranty in 72,500 miles.

MKV Aaron2

As far as the MK7 delay goes, this doesn't bode well for me waiting until the MK7 R comes out...

The MK6 R can be had for 0% financing for 66 months, and 500 under invoice easily around here....

The new S3 might be an option, but I highly doubt it'd be in the low 30s...

e92miami

As far as the MK7 delay goes, this doesn't bode well for me waiting until the MK7 R comes out...

The MK6 R can be had for 0% financing for 66 months, and 500 under invoice easily around here....

The new S3 might be an option, but I highly doubt it'd be in the low 30s...

The S3 is coming stateside? Do we have a press release on this? I thought VW/Audi said it would be direct competition for the GTI and they would only bring in the A3

Hooklyn

Banned
The S3 is coming stateside? Do we have a press release on this? I thought VW/Audi said it would be direct competition for the GTI and they would only bring in the A3

Here is what has been confirmed for the US so far;

8V A3 Sportback
- Appx. 220hp 2.0T 'A3 2.0T Sportback'

8V A3 Sedan
- Appx. 150hp 2.0TDI (possibly 190hp variant) 'A3 2.0TDI'
- Appx. 220hp 2.0T 'A3 2.0T'
- Appx. 300hp 2.0T 'S3'
- Appx. 400hp 2.5T 'RS3'

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-next-gen-audi-a3-the-body-styles-well-get/

e92miami

Here is what has been confirmed for the US so far;

8V A3 Sportback
- Appx. 220hp 2.0T 'A3 2.0T Sportback'

8V A3 Sedan
- Appx. 150hp 2.0TDI (possibly 190hp variant) 'A3 2.0TDI'
- Appx. 220hp 2.0T 'A3 2.0T'
- Appx. 300hp 2.0T 'S3'
- Appx. 400hp 2.5T 'RS3'

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-next-gen-audi-a3-the-body-styles-well-get/

Oh okay so I was right they will only bring the S3 sedan not the hatch. Thanks! Do we know if the sedan will come out in late 13 as a 14 model?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Hooklyn

Banned
I wonder on the pricing...
RS3 must be well over 50k
S3 over 40k
A3 over 30k

Based on released pricing in other markets expect;

A3 - From $28k
S3 - From $36k-$38k
RS3 - From $45k-$48k

I know in Europe, the A3 2.0T/GTI and S3/Golf R are priced almost exactly the same...

Hooklyn

Banned
Oh okay so I was right they will only bring the S3 sedan not the hatch. Thanks! Do we know if the sedan will come out in late 13 as a 14 model?

They are saying A3 (not sure on body style or engine choice) will be released Q2/Q3 2013 as MY 2014.

And it IS still possible for other Sportback variants here too. Just because they are unconfirmed doesn't necessarily mean they aren't coming at all. They haven't confirmed that an S3/RS3 Sportback ISN'T coming Stateside yet...