GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alright, when will MK 7 really be stateside?!

CFG9000

Ready to race!
VW confirmed to C&D Fall 2013 for a Golf and GTI release in the US.

In that same report they confirmed Spring 2013 for the Euro Golf release and Fall 2013 for the Euro GTI release.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/vw-con...r-mkvii-golf-gti-next-gen-gtd-could-come-too/

Old info is old.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/new-volkswagen-golf-wont-come-to-the-u-s-until-2014/

Although Europeans will be enjoying the new Volkswagen Golf as early as next month, the seventh generation of the iconic hatchback is not scheduled to appear on our shores until mid-2014—not next fall as we’d been told previously. Rainer Michel, Volkswagen of America’s vice president of product marketing and strategy confirmed the delay, pushing American deliveries nearly 18 months behind Europe. The upside is that VW still plans on releasing the Golf and the GTI simultaneously in the U.S. market.

DAS_STIG

Banned

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
It would not be two more years though, right? The MY2014 will be available for purchase in the fall of 2013, right? Maybe slightly later as they get everything set up, by I am thinking its basically 12-15 months from now.

Not necessisarily, the MKV was released here as a MY2006, but didn't actually go on sale here until February 06 I beleive.

Aftershok

It's a little disappointing that it's expected in Q1 2014, now... Is it to be assumed that the initial report from Car & Driver a few months ago was incorrect? The report even claimed that VW "confirmed" it, too.

At the very least, we'll get to read the reviews from the British car mags far before that :(

Hooklyn

Banned
release dates might make the shopping decision for me vs the golf R.

I am anxiously awaiting the A3 myself. Sportback and Sedan have been confrimed in at least 2.0T and 2.0TDI guise. S3 and RS3 for Sedan only so far though.

And based on pricing in other markets, the S3 and Golf R are priced the same... Seems strange I know but it is true.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
I am anxiously awaiting the A3 myself. Sportback and Sedan have been confrimed in at least 2.0T and 2.0TDI guise. S3 and RS3 for Sedan only so far though.

And based on pricing in other markets, the S3 and Golf R are priced the same... Seems strange I know but it is true.
I'm closely watching the A3/S3 developement myself. VW says that the MK7 could be as late as 2015, I wouldn't mind getting into a audi instead.

Hooklyn

Banned
I'm closely watching the A3/S3 developement myself. VW says that the MK7 could be as late as 2015, I wouldn't mind getting into a audi instead.

Yea, now reports say Q1/Q2 2014 as 2015 MY for the Golf/GTI. More than 6-9 months after the reported 8V A3 release.

And I have owned 2 GTI's in a row (2006 MKV and 2010 MKVI). My wife 2 CC's in a row (2010/2013). Audi and the A3/S3 just seems like a natural progression. Anything else would feel like a downgrade in many ways.

For me, VW has now become my baseline. And we know how good VW is as a brand that going to something mainstream (or for similar money) Asian or Domestic just won't cut it.

1 - Luxury/Premium Makes (Audi/BMW/Merc/Jag/Lexus/Cadi/Infinti/Volvo/Acura/etc.)
2 - VW
3 -The rest...

That's how I see it. And the CC and GTI are arguably the best VW products. Next up, Audi.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
Wow, it's a small world. I have had similar late model experience. I bought my gti new in 2006 & also had a 2011 gti, that got traded in for a 2011 tdi jetta(long commute) that I crashed. So, now my dd is a Mkiv tdi jetta that I picked up cheap, while I wait a year or two before I pull the plug on a new dd. I'm thinking focus st if I want to get sporty, sti/wrx for awd fun, or my favorite choice a new A3 tdi titanium/s-line(don't know the packages yet)

I figure I could just put it on air ride & still have enough trunk room for my odds/ends. I usually leave my dd's pretty stock, but I'd love to cruise around in a bagged a3 & not have to worry about being to low all the while getting 40+mpg.

My real love is mk1 79 rabbit VR6 bunny. That'll soon be turbo'd & the car is always having work done, so it'll be nice to have a toy while it's in the shop. Ironically, my wife also had a CC executive, but she is now in a nice jsw with a MKI of her own for a weekend toy.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Hmm yep looks like 2015 model in 2014... that's a LOOOOOONG Time from today.

Any news on when the A3 will be stateside?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
There saying early next year
Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise then. But the A3s can run up to a pretty penny... Should be interesting.