GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a gaytronic crossover this weekend

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That 2.7 may take the cake as one of the least reliable engines know to man along side the engine in my m3. Not sure I see the point inn this car esp since you have? Or had the s4.

Are you replacing the tt?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
How much power with the tune? And holy shit 2700kg towing = 6000 lbs!! Jesus

Edit: 2300kg = 5000lbs. Still, baby Jesus.

georgy

Ready to race!
2300 kg towing capacity wagon >> SUV

Many mid-size SUVs can tow 5000 lb

BTW, have you ever towed something that heavy? It's one thing that your vehicle can handle it theoretically, another is doing it comfortably.

Approaching the 3,500 lb limit on my wife's RAV4 feels sketchy at best. And the fuel consumption drops to around 10-11 mpg booking it at 65 mph lol

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
If you're towing your Vette with this thing, that means you're DDing it as well. Sounds boring.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Merkle

Banned
That 2.7 may take the cake as one of the least reliable engines know to man along side the engine in my m3. Not sure I see the point inn this car esp since you have? Or had the s4.

Are you replacing the tt?

this.

good luck.

^this ^that ^these ^those

If you're towing your Vette with this thing, that means you're DDing it as well. Sounds boring.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

You could have gone the SUV route and gotten a much more reliable tow machine. Chevrolet Tahoe comes to mind, boring but, bullet proof drivetrain.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Well, you should have bought a Chevy to tow your Chevy, but you are 0FG about buying used Audis that could shell on you at any second, so why change course? Allroad 2.7 is a POS, but damn if its not an INTERESTING pos. I have concerns about the tranny holding up under serious towing loads doe.

Should make for some interesting posts.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I've come to terms with the fact that all driving on public roads is boring, whether it is in a Lotus or a Winnebago the laws are too strict and other people on the road too unpredictable to ever enjoy driving outside of a closed course. With that in mind I got the best track car for the money and the best utility car for the money. The two combined cost about the same as an Autobahn GTI :lol:

I must admit it's pretty funny to see people knock the allroad though, as far as I can tell it has one of the best combinations of features on the market for a whopping $5k.

Merkle

Banned
I've come to terms with the fact that all driving on public roads is boring, whether it is in a Lotus or a Winnebago the laws are too strict and other people on the road too unpredictable to ever enjoy driving outside of a closed course. With that in mind I got the best track car for the money and the best utility car for the money. The two combined cost about the same as an Autobahn GTI :lol:

I must admit it's pretty funny to see people knock the allroad though, as far as I can tell it has one of the best combinations of features on the market for a whopping $5k.

We're not really 'knocking' on it's features, it's the reliability we're commenting on. You got one for 5k? Did you have someone look it over, because you could be in a world of shit.

Edit: Emphasis on COULD

McQueen77

Banned
Damn dude. Automatic suv wagon thing. Very gay. At least you have a Corvette though.

Gaytronics are nice sometimes. My wife owns one.

Last edited:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
You should have seen some of the other ones I looked at, this was the best one by far under $10k. Most of them are beat to shit inside and are barely holding together mechanically, it is pathetic. I guess that's what happens when you have kids and/or pets?

Needs a couple of basic things that will cost me a few hundred bucks to do but the dealer would probably charge at least $5k. Example: The air compressor needs rebuilt, kit costs $48 and takes a couple hours with no special tools needed. Audi will only sell you a new one for $1000 plus at least 3 hours labor to install it :lol:

McQueen77

Banned
^^ knowledge is power.

i like the AllRoads. the new ones are really nice. how does it handle? ive never driven a car with such long wheelbase.. if the handling weren't lame in a car like that, id consider it just to have the ultimate utility vehicle while still having power.

man, those buttons on the steering wheel are so gay i dont even know what to say. shift buttons.. not paddles, buttons.. when you shift gears you can pretend that you are coyly, playfully poking a man in his bellybutton.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Right you're doing a lot of your own work, why is the compressor shot btw? Are the air shocks still holding air? They tend to fail after 10 years because the rubber becomes brittle and lets air out therefore killing the compressor.

I had a car with a factory air suspension before... They are great new.