GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bay Area Vagcom Help Needed!

ami91sun

Ready to race!
Hi all! I would like to do some coding work on my MK7 and I'm looking for others in the Bay Area who have VCDS and are willing to meet up to get some work done or would like to go in on buying it together. If you have VCDS I'm willing to pay you in beer, money, etc... we can work something out!

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I'm in the Bay area from time to time for Drives. I'll be in Sonoma for a bit on the 20th of June. I have a HEX-CAN-USB VCDS. I just turned off my Soundaktor. Haven't had a chance to drive with it off yet to hear the difference.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Why not just unplug the soundaktor?

Because it's a pain in the ass to get at. It's much easier to just turn it off with vagcom. If you don't have a vagcom then I guess it's your only option.

JT641

Banned
Hi all! I would like to do some coding work on my MK7 and I'm looking for others in the Bay Area who have VCDS and are willing to meet up to get some work done or would like to go in on buying it together. If you have VCDS I'm willing to pay you in beer, money, etc... we can work something out!

I'm close by in Sonoma, Can meet up in Novato

Because it's a pain in the ass to get at. It's much easier to just turn it off with vagcom. If you don't have a vagcom then I guess it's your only option.

The MK6 was a piece of cake, Is the MK7 harder to get at??

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I'm close by in Sonoma, Can meet up in Novato

The MK6 was a piece of cake, Is the MK7 harder to get at??

Thats what I'm told. I have a Vag-Com anyway so I just turned it off.

sirshan

Ready to race!
dongdong - I see you're located in Oakland. Think you can program my Windows for me to use with my remote?

I sold my Vagcom when I got rid of my MKV, but now rolling an e-Golf. Ofcourse Ill pay you something for your time.

Let me know. PM me.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
dongdong - I see you're located in Oakland. Think you can program my Windows for me to use with my remote?

I sold my Vagcom when I got rid of my MKV, but now rolling an e-Golf. Ofcourse Ill pay you something for your time.

Let me know. PM me.

I'm also interested in getting a little coding done but I've seen some reports of issues with VAGCOM on 2016's making certain options in the MIB2 disappear. Shoot me a PM if you think you can help. Thanks!

sirshan

Ready to race!
Hello? Anyone in the East Bay? If not, maybe Ill just buy one. Figured Id try and save some cash though since all I really wanted was some simple coding. Thanks.