GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uncommon Parts Numbers AKA Let's Not Get Ripped Off Thread

rcnacura

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for this! Big help.
Anyone know the part number for those door-hinge covers from the audis?
These: Door Hinge Covers

Also, air ducts for brakes:
Item No. 51:- 8P0 863 149 B, Air Duct left £20.17 x1 *** Item No. 51:- 8P0 863 150 B, Air Duct right £20.17 x1 *** Item No. 52:- N 104 222 03, M8x50 hex bolt with shoulder/flange/washer x2 Item No. 53:- N 907 611 02, M8 hex nut with shoulder x2 Item No. 54:- 8J0 864 133 A, M8x25 (18mm O/D) Spacer sleeve alloy x2
Do you have images of the air ducts or how they are installed?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Don't anyone be wasting money on sun visors without the warning label. It's easy to remove the ones on our visors.

Simply remove the visors from the car, put them on whatever flat surface you want and cover the warning label with paper towel soaked in rubbing alcohol. With 20 min and the warning label peels right off.

This thread can be found in the MKVI side of this forum. I did it on my MKVI and it worked perfectly.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Don't anyone be wasting money on sun visors without the warning label. It's easy to remove the ones on our visors.

Simply remove the visors from the car, put them on whatever flat surface you want and cover the warning label with paper towel soaked in rubbing alcohol. With 20 min and the warning label peels right off.

This thread can be found in the MKVI side of this forum. I did it on my MKVI and it worked perfectly.

You did it on your MKVII?

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Someone please enlighten me as to why spending money on a metal oil pan is worthwhile? Serious question.

for me personally, the biggest reason was I live in an extremely cold winter climate ,and I wanted to install an oil pan heater to make cold starts easier on the car/engine, as the car sits outside at work for hours on end in sub-30 degree weather.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I did this to my mk7. Except rubbing alcohol didn't work fast enough for me. I used acetone. Took it off within minutes. Minimal swelling of polymeric fiber, which then relaxed back to original shape once residual acetone evaporated off.

I heard rubbing alcohol didn't work either. Glad to hear acetone did the trick. I put badgeskins over them instead. Didn't think to use acetone......

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
For Americans wanting LED dome lights on their Golfs. Not much more than buying LEDs and are OEM parts. I just ordered mine. You can get them in Grey, Shetland, or Black.

Front Dome Lights:

Grey
Shetland
Black

Rear Dome Lights:

Grey
Shetland
Black

Also just FYI for the A3 Belly Pan ECS is the best buy if you don't live in Ohio. You need at least 3x WHT000729 Torx Bolts, but ECS sells a kit with everything new, makes life easier.

Thanks for that, the belly pan part # is 5Q0825236Q they had it 79.40 at one point, now is at 97.00 with free shipping. it will not show under your GOLF/GTI instead they will show the really expensive one.
My local Audi dealer can get it for 100.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk