GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Seriously considering a 2017 Sport DSG. Where are you getting that deal?? Really OTD or plus ttl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is out the door, price matching northern VA dealers. I'm on the East Coast, and I can take the train for $11 down to DC. So my negotiating power is really good. They aren't going to say no to a few dollars. 4% Delaware vehicle tax. Plus I talked them down on a dealer fee.

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Nice. No trade in? What APR?

It's funny that there is no sales tax but it's 4.25% of purchase price for tags and registration. More than one way to skin a cat I guess.

The only perk of living in Delaware, haha. Well I'm hoping the promotion is still 0.9%, I have it all on an Excel spreadsheet, which makes my monthly payments pretty good. I'll be putting around $8K - $9K down. I'm selling my old car to my brother, and putting the money towards the purchase of the new one. I'll be putting on the MK 7.5 tail lights as well. Only gripe is going from auto headlights to non auto (Which I may end up doing the cheap swap to have auto headlights).

wantone

Ready to race!
MSRP - $29,915
Vehicle Price - $22,899
Taxes - $0 (No sales tax in Delaware
Tag and Reg (4.25% DE) - $973
Dealer Fee - $0
Out the door price - $23,872.00

No doc fee? Usually $599-$699 in N. Virginia. I've never heard of any of them dropping it. Goes without saying what dealer?

SDGTIfan

Why would you pay that much for a gti. Go for the R at that point

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Because the R is pretty much MSRP price (41K) without any discount so I am looking at 10K difference in out of the door price (34K vs 44K) . plus the R didnt have the moon roof which was a must for me. and finally i didnt care for the two best things you get out of R (AWD and extra 70 HP) as I dont plan to race and I live in SoCal so dont need AWD

If I am going to pay 44K for R I could just add another 10K and get a M245i. and if I am paying 54K for M245i I could just add another 10K and get a cayman and so on. so no point in moving up just because its only 10k

I love everything about the GTI - the looks, handling and interiors and autobahn ticked all my boxes (moonroof, blindspot, backup camera, front assist, dual climate, premium audio, heated seats etc) so why pay 10K more for shit i dont need with Golf R?

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Because the R is pretty much MSRP price (41K) so I am looking at 10K difference in out of the door price (34K vs 44K) . plus the R didnt have the moon roof which was a must for me. and finally i didnt care for the two best things you get out of R (AWD and extra 70 HP) as I dont plan to race and I live in SoCal so dont need AWD

If I am going to pay 44K for R and I could just add another 10K and get a M245i. and if I am paying 54K for M245i I could just add another 10K and get a cayman and so on

I love everything about the GTI - the looks, handling and interiors and autobahn ticked all my boxes (monnroof, blindspot, front assist, dual climate, premium audio, heated seats etc) so why pay 10K more for shit i dont need with Golf R?

:thumbsup:

Nsknick

Ready to race!
No doc fee? Usually $599-$699 in N. Virginia. I've never heard of any of them dropping it. Goes without saying what dealer?

I suppose it could have been included in the price that they offered me, but Smith VW in Delaware. Normally it's $299 which still isn't as bad as some dealers. Smith is an amazing place to go, because they also have a performance shop.

boggy17

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Hi everyone!

I've been itching about the Mk7 GTI's ever since I got my Mk6. After researching and shopping around for the outgoing GTI and I think I've come across a pretty good deal. Looking at just shy of $25,000 OTD including taxes, docs, all other fees for a new 2017 Pure White GTI Sport 6sp manual. I've broken it down below:

- price of car: $23,000
- sales tax (CT): $1,460
- dealer processing fee:$500
- freight: $795 (waived)
- CT tags: unsure, I think a few hundred

Total: $24,960 (before tags)

They've also included monster mats and a muddy buddy. What do you guys think, should I pull the trigger??