GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

boggy17

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
I thought the same but when I did the math, at 72 months it's $380. Which is why it caught my attention, maybe he/she is paying more than he/she should be

Sorry guys! I forgot to add, I opted for the 3M wrap on the hood, side doors, and part of the hatch, as well as the 3 year maintenance which both came out to about $1,075. The only reason I agreed to this because they dropped the APR from 3.9 to 2.9% with the addition of both, effectively making dropping to $288 over the course of the loan when you factor in the savings from interest.

Total car price with the above options was $26,988 for 72 months @ 2.9% which comes out to just about $408/mo.

wantone

Ready to race!
Hi everyone!

I've been itching about the Mk7 GTI's ever since I got my Mk6. After researching and shopping around for the outgoing GTI and I think I've come across a pretty good deal. Looking at just shy of $25,000 OTD including taxes, docs, all other fees for a new 2017 Pure White GTI Sport 6sp manual. I've broken it down below:

- price of car: $23,000
- sales tax (CT): $1,460
- dealer processing fee:$500
- freight: $795 (waived)
- CT tags: unsure, I think a few hundred

Total: $24,960 (before tags)

They've also included monster mats and a muddy buddy. What do you guys think, should I pull the trigger??

How did you get them to waive the freight fee?

Kewico

Picked up a 2017 White DSG Autobahn last night. Was looking at R's for awhile but just end up being more car than I needed. GTI prices were just too good to pass up.

Price - 6k off msrp - 30355
Dealer inst mud flaps - 299
Doc fee - 598
Tax and Tag - 975
OTD - 32,227

Loving the feel of this car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Picked up a 2017 White DSG Autobahn last night. Was looking at R's for awhile but just end up being more car than I needed. GTI prices were just too good to pass up.

Price - 6k off msrp - 30355
Dealer inst mud flaps - 299
Doc fee - 598
Tax and Tag - 975
OTD - 32,227

Loving the feel of this car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Orr get a R for 8k more, i could understand 25k otd vs 40k+.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

sebastian1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm kinda new to the forum. I'm really amazed at all the information that's available here. I am currently in the market for a golf R and I'm wondering if it is possible to get good lease deals on the R (bad residuals etc.) now considering 2018 models are due to be out this fall ?
I'm from the Pacific Northwest area, Portland OR, and it seems there's a great scarcity of R's here. It would be great if I could get some insights into which other states I should widen my search into.

jw1989

2017 GTI Sport DSG

$30,235 sticker for $24,700 +$379 dealer fee.

You can get them a little cheaper in other parts of the country (Washington DC area for sure). A great way to get a starting price for new is to use a "spam" mailbox and get quotes via truecar from different areas of the country. For reference, my local dealer true car price was about $25,700 so I was able to negotiate another $1k off that price. I didn't need a new car and was willing to walk if I didn't get the price I wanted. Also bought it on the last day of June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parafrog

2017 GTI Autobahn/DSG

$31K driving away on a 2017 GTI Autobahn/DSG in white. I shopped around a bit and found the best price and friendliest staff at Stohlman here in NOVA-- I highly recommend them, ask for Mo. Love the car....it does everything very well.

o'bluetouring

$31K driving away on a 2017 GTI Autobahn/DSG in white. I shopped around a bit and found the best price and friendliest staff at Stohlman here in NOVA-- I highly recommend them, ask for Mo. Love the car....it does everything very well.

Can't even come close to that number here in Los Angeles. So far I've been quoted $30k + TTL for an SE without DAP. As of 7/1, sales tax is now 9.25% in LA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soflo-nochi

Passed Driver's Ed
2017 GTI Autobahn Pure White (DSG)

MSRP: $36335
Sale Price: $30358
TTL/Doc/1st payment: $1400
OTD: $31758

Monthly Payment: $392 ...($419 w/ tax)
48 Months // 12k miles

Incl. Monster mats, cargo blocks, roadside package

I wanted an Autobahn and started at the closest dealer to home. They came at me with $549/m (plus tax) with $1909 inception fees for 36m/12k. I negotiated for about 30 min with the sales manager and he gave me his lowest number of $424m (plus tax) and $1909 fees for 48m/12k miles. I ended up walking. Called every dealer in the area and only Rick Case near Davie, Fl could beat it. Got an internet sales rep to commit to $392/m (plus tax) and $1400 inception fees. Drove down and picked up the car. In and out within 2 hours, even got some free pizza!

Apparently some dealers work off of sales price and some try to make it with volume. I guess this is why Rick Case was able to give a much better deal than the other dealers in the area?

Last edited:

krayziejcs

Passed Driver's Ed
2017 GTI Autobahn Pure White (DSG)

MSRP: $36335
Sale Price: $30358
TTL/Doc/1st payment: $1400
OTD: $31758

Monthly Payment: $392 ...($419 w/ tax)
48 Months // 12k miles

Incl. Monster mats, cargo blocks, roadside package

I wanted an Autobahn and started at the closest dealer to home. They came at me with $549/m (plus tax) with $1909 inception fees for 36m/12k. I negotiated for about 30 min with the sales manager and he gave me his lowest number of $424m (plus tax) and $1909 fees for 48m/12k miles. I ended up walking. Called every dealer in the area and only Rick Case near Davie, Fl could beat it. Got an internet sales rep to commit to $392/m (plus tax) and $1400 inception fees. Drove down and picked up the car. In and out within 2 hours, even got some free pizza!

Apparently some dealers work off of sales price and some try to make it with volume. I guess this is why Rick Case was able to give a much better deal than the other dealers in the area?

I do believe the volume does make a difference but I legit don't know who is the largest volume dealer in SoFLA, when I was in the market for my GTI 3 different dealers told me the same speech..."We are the largest volume dealer in the world".

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I do believe the volume does make a difference but I legit don't know who is the largest volume dealer in SoFLA, when I was in the market for my GTI 3 different dealers told me the same speech..."We are the largest volume dealer in the world".
Gunther is the highest volume dealer in the USA. Back in 2010 when i got a gti from them they were doing 300+ cars a month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk