GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stealthy is38 install

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Thanks.

Started up last night. Getting a p0092 code and a coolant leak up front. Time to work out the kinks

https://youtu.be/F6mxtKZffHY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I'm excited for this. Sounds like it's close to being ready to go

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

Only code is p0092 which is only during cold starts. It could be an issue with the MPI wiring being hooked up but not activated.

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!
Only code is p0092 which is only during cold starts. It could be an issue with the MPI wiring being hooked up but not activated.

Glad to hear things went well, sweet!

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

Cluster and everything works. But I’m getting some serious knock / detonation in cylinder 4 and partially in 1. :/

Using denso plugs gapped to .22.

Any suggestions?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I had 3/4 a tank of e47 that sat for two months. I drove it and added 5 gallons of 93.

Got knock.

I added BG 44k fuel treatment and drive it until there was about 4 gallons left.

Added iso-heat and octane booster with top tier 93 and filled up. Still knock.

Just added e85 and got my tank to an e30 setting. Still knock on low timing (+5*) and low boost (22-23 psi).

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Not yet. The e30 I mixed is fucked. I’ll be putting 110 in today and then just 93 for the rest of the winter.

MK7WABBITGTI

This is an emotional roller coaster! You have got to love how this works... Tune... that's cool.... what else can I do?.... Turbo... that's cool.... what else can I do?.... 6 months later.... $$$$$$ New Motor and turbo and countless hours reading websites and posts, full carts on various turners sites $$$$$ "why did I even tune this car" ?

Cant wait to see the numbers.

You may want to recheck the sensors and wiring for the knock. Something may have been missed or cracked a sensor. Seen it before.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
This is an emotional roller coaster! You have got to love how this works... Tune... that's cool.... what else can I do?.... Turbo... that's cool.... what else can I do?.... 6 months later.... $$$$$$ New Motor and turbo and countless hours reading websites and posts, full carts on various turners sites $$$$$ "why did I even tune this car" ?

Cant wait to see the numbers.

You may want to recheck the sensors and wiring for the knock. Something may have been missed or cracked a sensor. Seen it before.

This is why I sold my mk6, I did multiple things to it, but it always had some sort of issue. IMO, it’s not always worth modding the hell out of something.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
So updated include me not getting a MPI file like I was supposed to. This caused me to have no fuel and make the turbo swap useless.

I threw on an is20 for now. Just dyno’d it.

Mods:

IS20
IE downpipe
Golf R injectors
Magic Intercooler
~E30 fuel

This was tonight. Full weight, stock all season tires, started on the side of the road

I miss the IS38.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
So updated include me not getting a MPI file like I was supposed to. This caused me to have no fuel and make the turbo swap useless.

I threw on an is20 for now. Just dyno’d it.

Mods:

IS20
IE downpipe
Golf R injectors
Magic Intercooler
~E30 fuel

This was tonight. Full weight, stock all season tires, started on the side of the road

I miss the IS38.

Are the R injectors worth anything without a HPFP upgrade?