GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stealthy is38 install

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Picked up one my stock downpipes from the welder today. I'm getting everything ready for the is38 install. Trying to make the gti look like a golf or a sleeper.

Next I have the golf muffler I'll be having converted to 2.5" piping inside and out (hopefully). Does anyone have a picture of one opened up so I can send it to the fabricator and get a price before I cut it open?

And then I plan on removing the gti badge and put a golf and tsi badge on instead, or maybe just a tsi one. Should be interesting.

I'll be Dyno'ing it with the stock cat and the downpipe without the top one removed to see what power I might make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I hope that guy doesn't weld for a living. I'm sorry but that's not a weld most people would pay for, and this is coming from someone who welds maybe 20 hours a year.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
His welds are fine. It's a side business for him. I paid $20 and his tig welding is fantastic. He's been doing this for a year or two. Best local option for me.

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Seriously. The people talking trash, let's see your welds

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Idc who sees it it's gonna be a bad day if it leaks against the firewall...

A close friend of mine lost a BT mk4 on the side of the road because welds broke on his dp.
Burned the car to the ground.

Anyway, here's my welds. I'm not a welder by trade, but I do build exhausts and do some little fabrication jobs on the side. Someone doing this for a living should be leaps and bounds better than my ok welds

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
He doesn't do it for a living. He decided one day to do it because of a bad experience at a local exhaust shop. For being self-taught with a year or two under his belt he's damn good as I've shown prior.

It's a $20 job and I'm sure it will be fine.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Why would he? It doesn't need to be pretty.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Pride in his work? The fact that he's much more proficient in TIG from what you've shown. The fact that it's going on a new $25,000 car.