GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S2T dsg paddles group buy

Renck

Ready to race!
Another set of B2 installed today. Took me like 5 minutes to replace the first one (mostly as I was concerned about messing the pin up) and like 2 minutes for the second one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
Another set of B2 installed today. Took me like 5 minutes to replace the first one (mostly as I was concerned about messing the pin up) and like 2 minutes for the second one.

can you shift from the bottom? would you say purchase was worth it?

Renck

Ready to race!
can you shift from the bottom? would you say purchase was worth it?
You can indeed shift from the bottom, but not the whole bottom paddle is usable. See at the picture below and hopefully you will see the two grooves at the back of the shifter, I circled the area that I was successfully use to shift gears without any force.

Yes, it is worth it for me. My goal was to add a longer paddle shifter and be able to use them while driving with my hands at 4 and 8. Heck I was able to do it close to 5 and 7. Relax driving, but able to down shift at any time, if needed...;o)

LA KINGS

Passed Driver's Ed
any b1 reviews?

Same. I really wanna try the b1. i don't think they look the best, but I feel like they're the most functional. I feel like B2 looks the best but i'd rather have a curve on the back like b1/b3 than the 2 bumps on the b2. Also since I'm sometimes at 10 and 2 o'clock i feel like the taller length of the shifter will come in handy in the b1.

Roothless

Installed the B2's yesterday and was disappointed how they don't shift from the bottom, also the seemed to stick as well. Contacted S2T and they are allowing an exchange for B3. I'm on the fence on whether to exchange or return since the paddles seem to be less responsive than stock.

I went through this exact problem (if you read a few posts back) and after contacting S2T is seems one of my B2s are defective (fitment issue). I really enjoyed the look the of B2s but after my functional one felt mushy compared to stock and the fact that a large section of the bottom is non-functional made me want a refund. I'm trying to see if I can get a B1 replacement as it seems to be the most functional but if not I'll just stick with the OEM paddles.

If you end up getting the B3s let us know how you like them, as it seems we had a similar experience with the B2s.

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
in 4 more pics of B1/B3

Waiting to order, I really need something I can shift while turning from the bottom. B1 might be my best bet? what you guys think?

BlackGolfsMatter

Passed Driver's Ed
I went through this exact problem (if you read a few posts back) and after contacting S2T is seems one of my B2s are defective (fitment issue). I really enjoyed the look the of B2s but after my functional one felt mushy compared to stock and the fact that a large section of the bottom is non-functional made me want a refund. I'm trying to see if I can get a B1 replacement as it seems to be the most functional but if not I'll just stick with the OEM paddles.

If you end up getting the B3s let us know how you like them, as it seems we had a similar experience with the B2s.

I will report back. Just mailed my B2's back today and am trying the B3's next. I want shifting from the bottom as well, however the B3 seems to offer more meat than the B1, and has a better moment arm than the B2... so I'm hoping it will work out.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
B3 are further to the edges of the wheel, so they'll shift better from the bottom. Just more likely to be inadvertantly hit.

Btw, we're well over 25 now so if you've changed your mind, don't feel obligated to buy. They don't often go on sale though!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I will report back. Just mailed my B2's back today and am trying the B3's next. I want shifting from the bottom as well, however the B3 seems to offer more meat than the B1, and has a better moment arm than the B2... so I'm hoping it will work out.

I don't feel like I have to be careful about where I shift the B3, pretty much anywhere I squeeze will shift.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Last edited:

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Few photos of my B1's installed as we are lacking B1 photos in the thread :)

Attachments

• IMG_0841.JPG
    IMG_0841.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 523
  • IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 531
  • IMG_0843.JPG
    IMG_0843.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 506

thenorway

Installation

I am finally finding some time to install. Is it necessary to disconnect the battery prior to putting these on?

Nevermind: just got them on in like 10 minutes. Don't feel any of the sticking that others mentioned.

Last edited: