GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S2T dsg paddles group buy

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
So outside of looks, if you have big hands that is, there is no point to upgrade the stock paddles? I have XXL hands depending on the glove so I have no issues using the paddles in any orientation. I had hoped these would give you more actuation area, but I guess compared to stock its pretty good, just not enough for me to spend money on. Also not really a fan of the back of the paddles, I guess it's pretty much OEM though.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Roothless

So I think one of my B2 paddles isn’t machined right...

The upshift one installed super easily but the downshift side is giving me all sorts of trouble. The paddle is “sticking” when pressing it and not springing back like it should. During the install the paddle will respond like it should until the pin holding it in place is fully clipped in. Then, it’s as if something is rubbing or misaligned slightly. Nothing appears to be wrong with the pin or the paddle but something isn’t right. I’ve been trying for over an hour now and nothing seems to help. Any advice? Or should I issue a refund?

Slapshot1

Ready to race!
Just installed my B2 matte finish. One side went on easy, the other took 25 minutes!

BIG THANKS TO abt12 FOR SETTING THIS UP!

Here’s some pics for reference. Not a big change from the Leyo clip ons. You can change from the bottom but not past where my finger is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
So I think one of my B2 paddles isn’t machined right...

The upshift one installed super easily but the downshift side is giving me all sorts of trouble. The paddle is “sticking” when pressing it and not springing back like it should. During the install the paddle will respond like it should until the pin holding it in place is fully clipped in. Then, it’s as if something is rubbing or misaligned slightly. Nothing appears to be wrong with the pin or the paddle but something isn’t right. I’ve been trying for over an hour now and nothing seems to help. Any advice? Or should I issue a refund?

Did you hook it under the end before installing (there's a little tab it hooks around closest to the outside of the wheel)? Also, it's possible you lost the rubber boot on the switch itself. Still, if you can't figure it out, I'd contact s2t and see what they say.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Just installed my B2 matte finish. One side went on easy, the other took 25 minutes!

BIG THANKS TO abt12 FOR SETTING THIS UP!

Here’s some pics for reference. Not a big change from the Leyo clip ons. You can change from the bottom but not past where my finger is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You're welcome :D

They look WAY nicer than the Leyos IMO. S2T design blends nicely with the rest of the interior, Leyo does not.

Roothless

Did you hook it under the end before installing (there's a little tab it hooks around closest to the outside of the wheel)? Also, it's possible you lost the rubber boot on the switch itself. Still, if you can't figure it out, I'd contact s2t and see what they say.

Yep I installed the other one so I can compare and it’s hooked in the tab, and the little rubber boot is still there. It’s as if the two pivot points on the paddle aren’t straight or something. I’m in contact with them. Pretty disappointed so far for how much they cost :(

But glad you guys enjoy yours

Xdpker

Ready to race!
So outside of looks, if you have big hands that is, there is no point to upgrade the stock paddles? I have XXL hands depending on the glove so I have no issues using the paddles in any orientation. I had hoped these would give you more actuation area, but I guess compared to stock its pretty good, just not enough for me to spend money on. Also not really a fan of the back of the paddles, I guess it's pretty much OEM though.

B3 has a nice smooth little groove on the back. If you press anywhere on the groove, it shifts even at the very bottom. The B3 paddle is fully functional all over except for the spot on the inside bottom corner. I'd say yeah it's better overall than the stock paddle, and stretching it when it comes to value. Big up to abt12 for setting up this group buy.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
B3 has a nice smooth little groove on the back. If you press anywhere on the groove, it shifts even at the very bottom. The B3 paddle is fully functional all over except for the spot on the inside bottom corner. I'd say yeah it's better overall than the stock paddle, and stretching it when it comes to value. Big up to abt12 for setting up this group buy.
Got my B3 installed today. I like it, definitely more subtle than my carbon stick on ones. Kept the carbon stuck on in case I changed my mind. The basic aluminum ones are more white than silver though, not the same as interior chrome. I can see why my carbons could not be shifted from below now, so these are certainly an upgrade in that respect.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

BlackGolfsMatter

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed the B2's yesterday and was disappointed how they don't shift from the bottom, also the seemed to stick as well. Contacted S2T and they are allowing an exchange for B3. I'm on the fence on whether to exchange or return since the paddles seem to be less responsive than stock.

Any feedback on people who purchased and installed B3's? I saw one post that seemed "okay". I am wondering if you would buy again or if others have hesitation about their performance. If they aren't as functional as the stocks I might just return. However, if they add functionality then I may exchange.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
Installed the B2's yesterday and was disappointed how they don't shift from the bottom, also the seemed to stick as well. Contacted S2T and they are allowing an exchange for B3. I'm on the fence on whether to exchange or return since the paddles seem to be less responsive than stock.

Any feedback on people who purchased and installed B3's? I saw one post that seemed "okay". I am wondering if you would buy again or if others have hesitation about their performance. If they aren't as functional as the stocks I might just return. However, if they add functionality then I may exchange.

Thanks in advance

Mine "stuck" as soon as I installed them as well. I just repeatedly clicked them quickly for about 2 minutes or so and it loosened them up a bit. I've had them on for about 2 months now and they are buttery smooth but still make a nice sturdy "click" when I push them down. Give them some time to break in as they don't feel like they should the second you put them on.

BlackGolfsMatter

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine "stuck" as soon as I installed them as well. I just repeatedly clicked them quickly for about 2 minutes or so and it loosened them up a bit. I've had them on for about 2 months now and they are buttery smooth but still make a nice sturdy "click" when I push them down. Give them some time to break in as they don't feel like they should the second you put them on.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that they can break in--this is exactly what I was hoping to hear. However given that the moment arm runs through the lower extension of the B2 paddle more so than the B3 paddle, I'm going to just trade it in for the B3. Much appreciated.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

Good to hear, not trying to hate on the paddles, was just trying to see if they were for me.

Even though I might not end up buying, I also want to thank abt12 for setting this up, its really awesome to see people and companies get involved in the community like that.