GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S2T dsg paddles group buy

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Last day to get the group buy pricing! I'm still enjoying my B2s, as I never seem to have my hands that far below the wheel I can't shift, but sounds like B3 are a forum favorite so far.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Last day to get the group buy pricing! I'm still enjoying my B2s, as I never seem to have my hands that far below the wheel I can't shift, but sounds like B3 are a forum favorite so far.

Yep, loving the B3s. I never need to think about where I grab the paddle, they just shift.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
yes, these cars are definitely fancy econoboxes with barely any thought put into the paddles. It makes sense though. I drove an '09 and '13 GTR, and they both had cheap feeling paddles too. The paddle itself was okay, but the click and actuation was no better. I haven't tried an R8 with flappy paddles, or a recent Porsche, but I can't imagine they're amazing. The 07 911 I drove wasn't. The only time I've felt paddles that are truly dextrous, has been on a true sequential gearbox designed for racing. It was a $20k transmission, and the paddles definitely felt like it. You could actually feel the shift of the gear when you pulled the paddle.

That being said, I am finding I'm using these VWR paddles more and more, and it's far easier to reach them. My main concern was reach, and these addressed the issue well.

I sat in every car that I could at the recent LA Auto Show, mostly with the purpose of feeling each manufacturer's paddles to compare with my B1s. The Audi RS cars' action felt nice, but the materials felt crappy. The best I felt was the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio. They were a dream, and not affixed to the wheel if I remember correctly. Besides that car, I left feeling even better about my S2T paddles in my sub $30k car.

Renck

Ready to race!
I sat in every car that I could at the recent LA Auto Show, mostly with the purpose of feeling each manufacturer's paddles to compare with my B1s. The Audi RS cars' action felt nice, but the materials felt crappy. The best I felt was the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio. They were a dream, and not affixed to the wheel if I remember correctly. Besides that car, I left feeling even better about my S2T paddles in my sub $30k car.

Remind me again about with S2T paddles did you order?

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
anyone try these dsg paddles from ecs tuning? full replacement as well and not too bad on pricing. wondering if they're similar build to s2t. also looks like the plastic bracket is screwed onto the paddle rather than glued

Eh, they look nice, but my issue with a lot of these is the lack of functionality of the bottom half of the paddle, since it's in line with the pivot axis for some reason (likely looks over function, aka rice lol).

The S2T B3 paddles are exactly what I'm after since the entire paddle is away from the pivot axis and therefore fully functional anywhere along it.

Attachments

• ecs.jpg
    ecs.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 344
  • S2TMK7_009_op_554x369.jpg
    S2TMK7_009_op_554x369.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 338

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Eh, they look nice, but my issue with a lot of these is the lack of functionality of the bottom half of the paddle, since it's in line with the pivot axis for some reason (likely looks over function, aka rice lol).

The S2T B3 paddles are exactly what I'm after since the entire paddle is away from the pivot axis and therefore fully functional anywhere along it.

That must be an older paddle or for another model? My B3 came with an offset pivot.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=556076&postcount=175

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie