GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
I don't know what they are supposed to be normally without the JB4, but my fph is always 15 or 16 (I think there is a multiplyer involved here, I think that means 2250-2400psi but that depends on multiplyer) and fpl bounces between 110 and 120. I am running E30 gas so these values may be different for others.
ok cool that's where mine were also. George doesn't mention those 2 parameters in 1st post. found something on jb4 n54 (googling logging parameters and their meanings) it does say to use the left scale and multiply x10 and that normal values are btwn 50-75psi and under 50 is time to worry. not sure if multiplying x10 goes for our platform as well as that would put us at 150 or so¿¿ haven't gotten a CEL yet but obdeleven did show a low fuel rail press fault. lowered my FOL to 50. trims went up. we'll see what happens after some driving and i plug the eleven back in. also had another friggen fault pop up (EVAP emission contr.sys.incorrect purge flow) googled that and a recall for our fuel pump came up! SMH man i just went thru the dam TDI recall.. fuckn VW ?

RmayT

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
ok cool that's where mine were also. George doesn't mention those 2 parameters in 1st post. found something on jb4 n54 (googling logging parameters and their meanings) it does say to use the left scale and multiply x10 and that normal values are btwn 50-75psi and under 50 is time to worry. not sure if multiplying x10 goes for our platform as well as that would put us at 150 or so¿¿ haven't gotten a CEL yet but obdeleven did show a low fuel rail press fault. lowered my FOL to 50. trims went up. we'll see what happens after some driving and i plug the eleven back in. also had another friggen fault pop up (EVAP emission contr.sys.incorrect purge flow) googled that and a recall for our fuel pump came up! SMH man i just went thru the dam TDI recall.. fuckn VW ?

RmayT

Sorry to hear about the codes. But the brightside is that they acknowledge an issue and are fixing it. I have not had mine done yet.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Couple Q's George (or anyone else).....
How do we know if we connected the AFR wire correctly (if it is making contact inside the positap)/is there a parameter on the log that is read from the red wire? AFR on the log is from the canbus right?
Also, by upping boost with map 6 will the JB4 automatically dump fuel and enrich the AFR?

Even when my car was running strong on the JB1/DP and I ran 12.9, I always have correction/low IGN1 advance around 5000-5500 rpm. Same now on the JB4.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Got a code twice today. Does anyone know what it could be?

431A No Description Found

Perry01

Ready to race!
Got a code twice today. Does anyone know what it could be?

431A No Description Found

I went through my saved codes on the JB4 app and noticed I got it once before on Feb 2nd. Never figured out what it was but it hasn't appeared since.

Last edited:

Perry01

Ready to race!

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

nonbiodegradable weasel

Ready to race!

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I feel the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogerp1

Like others - i have found that using absolute settings in Map 6 makes the car run noticeably harder in the colder weather compared to an additive Map 6.

I did a log today using Map 6 with absolute peaking at 23 PSI.

It was only a 2nd gear pull - but I had ECU PSI at about 11.7 at 5000 RPM but actual boost hit 20 PSI. That's a difference of 8.2 PSI - so quite a bit higher than what I would have got with Map 2 in cold temps.

Are there any downsides in sticking with an absolute map in winter? A huge benefit in power - but what is the downside?

Last edited:

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
The entire point of additive is the car is consistent. By setting absolute you are bypassing the many variables which the ECU calculates to adjust power. Not ideal since the reason cars have become so advanced is, quite simply, to provide performance reliably.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Couple Q's George (or anyone else).....
How do we know if we connected the AFR wire correctly (if it is making contact inside the positap)/is there a parameter on the log that is read from the red wire? AFR on the log is from the canbus right?
Also, by upping boost with map 6 will the JB4 automatically dump fuel and enrich the AFR?

Even when my car was running strong on the JB1/DP and I ran 12.9, I always have correction/low IGN1 advance around 5000-5500 rpm. Same now on the JB4.

If its not connected properly it will run the same stock AFR target as you will typically see in map 4. If you are seeing the values in low 13's into 12's and sometimes 11's if you do long runs then you good.

On the JB1 we used a lot of the ECU Exhaust gas temperature AFR correction so it would automatically bring AFR down.

Thegoat

Passed Driver's Ed
Like others - i have found that using absolute settings in Map 6 makes the car run noticeably harder in the colder weather compared to an additive Map 6.

I did a log today using Map 6 with absolute peaking at 23 PSI.

It was only a 2nd gear pull - but I had ECU PSI at about 11.7 at 5000 RPM but actual boost hit 20 PSI. That's a difference of 8.2 PSI - so quite a bit higher than what I would have got with Map 2 in cold temps.

Are there any downsides in sticking with an absolute map in winter? A huge benefit in power - but what is the downside?
Can you post this log and settings for absolute? Running additive map 6 in cold weather felt like my car had more power then absolute map 6.