GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Well, it's still having a hard time hitting your boost request (pink line). Your actual boost values (dark blue line) are also jumping around in the 3k-4k range. Your timing (IGN1) never gets above ~7 at any point. I have to think the high heat is to blame. The car may actually be faster if you turned it down about 2psi across the board.

Yes, my car can not track the target in any way on the absolute map. The advance was 8 degrees.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
What were ambient temps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
22 degrees celsius, i do not think it's heat or the high IAT

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
try logging map 4. in similar temps. see if your timing is bout the same. IATS over 110 cut my timing in half! but before i started lowering boost i logged map 4 to see what my ign1 looked like stock. turned out the same so i left boost alone. did change to absolute tho cuz with additive boost was climbing to 25,26psi and it was retard madness on the logs! still on stock DP/IC

RmayT

Last edited:

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Well, it's still having a hard time hitting your boost request (pink line). Your actual boost values (dark blue line) are also jumping around in the 3k-4k range. Your timing (IGN1) never gets above ~7 at any point. I have to think the high heat is to blame. The car may actually be faster if you turned it down about 2psi across the board.

The JB4 is always in a fight so to say with the ecu. A lot of times the car won't actually hit target, but if you continue to raise the target your actual boost will still go up. Just because you don't hit it doesn't mean it's maxed out. What he needs to do is turn it up another .5-1.0 psi where it dips a little bit in that 4,000 range. He still won't hit the target, but it will smooth everything. As far as timing goes, he is advancing quickly and he is hitting 8. It could be 9 or 10 for ideal with the gti and that is going to happen around 6,500+. He is hitting 8 around 5,200. It does flatten at that point, but I've seen guys not advance that much so soon. He does need to do a map 4 just to see what stock is doing. If it's higher, then he can dial back about 1.0 psi where it starts flattening out. If stock looks the same, then he is looking good. Probably pulls really nice through the top and then doesn't have as much boost jump at the shift

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Still don't really understand how trims relate to anything else? I am logging with an open loop of 60 and my trims go up and down between 25-35..... just not sure how this relates to the other data?

m00se

Ready to race!
Simply explained, Fuel Trims represents what your ECU sees and does to try and maintain a standard air fuel ratio. In this case 25 represents your baseline or 0%. If the value is above 25, your ECU is seeing leaner conditions and is compensating by adding more fuel. If the value is below the baseline, your ECU is seeing richer conditions, hence cutting off a little bit of fuel. This is all with respects to the ECU standard fuel maps.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Simply explained, Fuel Trims represents what your ECU sees and does to try and maintain a standard air fuel ratio. In this case 25 represents your baseline or 0%. If the value is above 25, your ECU is seeing leaner conditions and is compensating by adding more fuel. If the value is below the baseline, your ECU is seeing richer conditions, hence cutting off a little bit of fuel. This is all with respects to the ECU standard fuel maps.

Makes sense - I guess I just don't know when you would turn up or down the open fuel number

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
My 3rd gear pull today on MAP 2 (sorry no 4th ran out of road and didn't want to go to jail).... I'm running 3 gals of E85 and the rest 92...car felt good, though the timing isn't fully advancing....not sure how to interpret the trims in all this, but seems like the car in this weather could push higher boost with some tunes in map 6 settings? Anyone in PNW that have dialed them in to some degree? How does the log look? Ambient Temp was about 59 degrees

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
My 3rd gear pull today on MAP 2 (sorry no 4th ran out of road and didn't want to go to jail).... I'm running 3 gals of E85 and the rest 92...car felt good, though the timing isn't fully advancing....not sure how to interpret the trims in all this, but seems like the car in this weather could push higher boost with some tunes in map 6 settings? Anyone in PNW that have dialed them in to some degree? How does the log look? Ambient Temp was about 59 degrees

Also looks like MAP 2 tapers boost pretty fast after about 5200rpm

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Looks fine to me. You stopped your run at 5800rpm. It probably would have gone up more if you kept going. Map2 doesn't taper, the ECU does. That's why you see most people move to map6 and turn up boost higher in the RPM.

Sorry cut off the higher RPM range...timing advances at max to 8 - not sure what full advance is? Does anyone know what MAP 2 settings are so I know where to start? Otherwise I will wait to hear back from George See below

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion