Perry01

Ready to race!

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Logged with your exact settings - looks like a little timing pull between 4500-5500 RPM, anything else you see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good to me. I get the same KR in that same cylinder no matter what (you can see it in my map2 log). It's nothing to worry about if it's <3. When it starts getting warmer you may want to relog and then maybe switch to absolute settings. ECU boost will rise and keeping it additive like it is now will start pushing you into stressing turbo territory.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
How do I know on my log where I can make adjustments? What is benefit/drawback of absolute vs additive in MAP 6? Seems absolute is better in warmer conditions as it stops your turbo from over boost, but don't really understand the overall differences and reasons you would use one vs another

Perry01

Ready to race!
Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
How do I know on my log where I can make adjustments? What is benefit/drawback of absolute vs additive in MAP 6? Seems absolute is better in warmer conditions as it stops your turbo from over boost, but don't really understand the overall differences and reasons you would use one vs another

Nothing needed to adjust IMO.
-Timing has advanced nicely to 10 around redline. That's good.
-No bad KR above 3. That's good too.
-AFR is a touch lean at about 5500, but trims stay at about 30 so the ECU didn't see an issue and start dumping in fuel. If trims skyrocket then you might be concerned.
-If you are concerned about that grey blip of KR IGN3 then turn down boost a tad around 4-5k, but I think it's fine.
-Looks like it's in the 50s in Olympia now. As it starts getting into the upper 70s this summer you may want to run another log and see how the car is liking the settings. See if there is more KR, see how the total boost and request look compared to each other. Check trims and see what they are. Basically just run another log and post it up. Since it is additive and boost increases as it gets warmer, you may see total boost start getting closer to 25 or 26. It might be fine, but if you feel the car start bucking or misfiring when you floor it then that means throttle closures and you need to turn it down. Instead of trying to fine tune additive just go ahead and set absolute to what you want the boost to be. Instead of it being 19psi from the ECU plus an additive of 5 equaling 24psi at 4500rpm, you may just tell it to be 23psi at 4500 rpm using absolute.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
these are my current Map 6 settings with DP but intercooler goes on tomorrow.

1500-1.0
2000-2.0
2500-3.0
3000-3.5
3500-4.0
4000-4.4
4500-5.0
5000-6.0
5500-6.5
6000-7.5
6500-6.5
7000-6.0

FOL is at 50.

Trims are a little high but timing advances up to 9.5 with no pull.

Thoughts?

Looks good to me. How are you liking the downpipe? Noticeable power increase? Sound good?

Perry01

Ready to race!
If you go to anyone's datazap scroll down and you can see all the logs posted in order.

I know how to view logs, it is the Map 6 settings I am interested in seeing. I know you can look at target vs. boost but when listed in order like:

1500-1.0
2000-2.0
2500-3.0

Etc, it is easier to view.

DP is nice and quiet with a decent growl at heavy throttle. It pulls much stronger now especially above 5000 RPM. I will install the IC tomorrow then I'll go back to the dyno and see what it puts down. I'm hoping for 300+ HP and 350+ TQ.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
you guys know what normal WOT values should be for FP_L & FP_H ?

RmayT

I don't know what they are supposed to be normally without the JB4, but my fph is always 15 or 16 (I think there is a multiplyer involved here, I think that means 2250-2400psi but that depends on multiplyer) and fpl bounces between 110 and 120. I am running E30 gas so these values may be different for others.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know what MAP 2 values are for additive? Just curious for comparison sake?